Chapter 34 | Travelling

After a short flight, we arrived at the Italian airport in Naples, Italy. Sebastian told me right when we were walking around at the airport, trying to found the car rental place where Seb was going to rent a car for the days we would stay somewhere around Italy, that we still had around an hour of driving to do before we would arrive at the place where we would stay. It was already pretty late and it surprised me that Seb seems to be still filled with a lot of energy. Sure he had a small nap in the plane, but I'm sure that was not enough as this surely was a very long day for the Formula One driver. I couldn't wait till I could fall asleep, whether that was going to be in the car or until I find a bed to lay on. We had finally found the place that Seb was looking for and as he was talking to one of the employees, I stood in the hallway with both Seb's and my suitcases. I was half sitting on mine as I tried to keep my yawns to a minimum. I was getting more and more tired and having to wait all by myself didn't help my case. But I wasn't complaining. I was pretty excited about this journey that was still pretty unknown to me, but I guess that was mostly due to the person I was joined by. I slowly let my head rest against the wall and closed my eyes. 
'Don't fall asleep,' I suddenly heard closely in my ear, making my eyes open with shock. A grinning Sebastian stood in front of me, showing some keys for what I was guessing the car we were gonna use. 
'I wasn't going to,' I mumbled sleepily as Seb told me to follow him to get the rented car. 
'Do you get recognized by companies like those?' I asked as we entered the garage with all the cars you could rent. I let my suitcase roll behind me as I followed Seb's footsteps next to me. 
'Maybe if I had my full racing gear on, yes. But I'm no Leanardo Dicaprio, I'm not that famous. Thank god,' He responded, looking at me with a playful grin. I shrugged.
'I've seen you more on a television screen than him,' I made as a comment back, raising my eyebrows a little bit while hoping that it didn't sound as creepy. 
'Did you?' he asked with a mischievous grin as he nudges his shoulder against mine in a playful way. I rolled my eyes while I let out a laugh. 
'Yeah. Absolutely loved watching Mark Webber on my screen and then; Oops, well there you are!' I joked, knowing that he and his former teammate didn't get along on the track. 
'Okay... Okay... So do you want to stay at this airport alone or...' Sebastian said, thankfully still with a laugh on his face. 
'I don't think you would even dare to do that,' I told him as he suddenly stopped, making me stop too. He held the key upwards again as he nudges with his head to the red Ferrari car that stood in front of us. 
'Get in before I take you on that dare,' he grinned as he threw the keys to me. 
'Really? A Ferrari?' I laughed as it felt kind of cliché to me. 
'Get in this Italian car, woman.' he warned me with a pointing finger as his smile grew from ear to ear. As I pointed my hands in the air as defeat, he took my suitcase and while I got in the passenger seat he put the suitcases in the trunk that wasn't at the back of the car as normal cars but at the front. 
'You can't hate on this car,' Sebastian said as he got in the driver's seat. 
'I'm not hating on the car. But I gotta ask; Is it because we're in Italy or because you're going to Ferrari next year?' I asked as I gave him the car keys so that he could start the beast of an engine. 
'Both, but mostly because Ferrari had arranged the car for me,' 
'What if people recognized you and see you driving a Ferrari car,' I asked pulling my head a bit sideways as I looked at him with a playful grin. 
'I'd say I've been a Ferrari fan since I was a little kid. Can't a man enjoy a car without it being suspicious?' he'd asked.
'No,' I commented back in a casual way, but soon enough let out a laugh as Sebastian already seems to be done with my shit. 

The rest of the ride was mostly spent with me falling asleep and waking up every few minutes while I heard Sebastian hum along to the songs on the radio quietly. My head was leaning on the window as I opened my eyes again. The car got to it's stop as I took in my surroundings. We were in a driveway from a beautiful white little house that still had all the lights on. 
'We have arrived,' Sebastian announced as he killed off the engine. 'Sleepyhead,'
'I was tired okay,' I mumbled as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I looked at the man sitting next to me and saw him look right back at me with a smile. 
'I noticed that.' he said as he clicked off his seatbelt, making me do the same. 'I guess I should've listened to Britta and took the morning plane instead,'
'I don't think that would've made a difference. I get tired of travelling, real fast,' I smiled sleepily as I opened the car door. I needed some fresh air to get me more awake. As I got out of the car I immediately inhaled the fresh evening air, or should I say early morning air. Sebastian took out both of our suitcases and locked the car as I took my suitcase. I followed Sebastian to the front door of the house. I watched how he took a key out of the flowerpot that stood next to the door. I raised my eyebrows up as I watched him open the door with that same key. We got greeted with a bright hallway that only was so bright because of the big chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I watched how Sebastian put his suitcase against the stone wall that supported the stairs to go to the second floor. 
'Are we staying here?' I asked surprised to Sebastian. He looked back at me and showed me a bright smile while he nodded his head yes.
'That was my intention, yes. Go explore it for a bit, I'll follow you,' he said, letting me walk through the house first. We gave everything a good look and before we made our way to the second floor, Sebastian made sure everything was shut and while he was doing that, I decided to try and carefully get my suitcase upstairs. The last thing I wanted was to ruin the beautiful floor tiles so I had to carry all the weight of the suitcase. It was a struggle, but I finally made it upstairs, right when Sebastian came back.
'You could've waited for me, you know.' he grinned as he looked at me from down the stairs before he took his own suitcase and carried in on the stairs without any struggles. 
'I got my own muscle strength as you can see,' I joked as I flexed my right arm to show my invisible muscles. 
'Mmh, yeah. Impressive,' Seb laughed as he grabbed my upper arm with his hand and softly squeezed it. 'Now go and gave the other rooms a look,'
After we both looked at the other rooms Seb let me choose which bedroom I wanted as there was a choice between two. I just took one and left my suitcase there. Seb even let me take a shower first. After I was done with showering he went into the bathroom to take a shower himself, and while he was doing that I walked back to my room where I left the door open so that Seb knew where I was. There was one bedroom that had a balcony with an amazing view to the city and the sea, and of course that was the bedroom I chose, but I was willing to share it with Seb if he wanted. On the bedside table, I found a few flyers that finally gave me the answer to where Seb had dragged me with him to. It was an Italian city called Positano and looking out of the window I could only be speechless as the lights that lightened up the city looked beautiful. If Sebastian was planning on impressing me in these few days than he already did. I was even more than impressed. It definitely wasn't a view I could enjoy back at home. I wasn't sure for how long I was staring out of the window, but hearing Seb walk out of the bathroom made me look away from the window view, only to see another view as he walked into my room. Seb smiled at me as he only had sweatpants on and a towel on his shoulder that he used to dry his still wet hair. 

'You like the view?' Sebastian asked. My lips curled up as I almost thought he was talking about me staring at him, but he actually was talking about the view from the window. 
'It's beautiful here,' I told Seb as my eyes slid back to the window. 'How did you found this place?'
'I got some connections,' he said with a mischievous grin as he walked closer to me. 'But I am kind of jealous that you took the better room from me,' 
I looked back at him as he stood almost behind me. I bit the inside of my cheek as a suggestion came up in my mind. 'I don't mind sharing my bed,' I finally let the words came out of my mouth as a cheeky smile crept up on my face. Sebastian tilted his head a bit down to look into my eyes.
'If you really mean it,' he said, keeping his eyes locked with mine. 
'It's not like we haven't shared it before,' I said as I felt my cheeks turn red. My eyes turned to the large bed. 'And the bed is pretty large for just one person,'
'I guess I better get my suitcase then,' he smirked as his hand brushed softly against my upper arm. I pressed my lips together as we locked eyes again.
'You better do, yes.'  

----
A/N: A tiny bit later than I normally upload my chapters. But I was doing a 12-hour write-a-thon and it went pretty well. Who knows I might try a 24-hour write-a-thon this summer.