Chapter 43 | Family

Unfortunately, Sebastian and I had to go our separate ways when we arrived back in England. He had to go back to the factory for some meetings and I had to pick up my cat. Sebastian had dropped me off at home but had to say goodbye pretty fast as he was already on the late side because of dropping me off. I watched him drove off and got my own cars keys from inside my house and drove off as well, but then the other way to Thomas his house. I know he was working as it was two o'clock, but I knew that Lynn was home with the kids. I pressed the bell next to their front door and immediately heard the two dogs bark and not long after that I saw them curiously looking through the window. I laughed and waved at them, making them only even more excited. The front door opened and Lynn smiled softly at me.

'Hey Maya,' she said as she gave me a hug. I greeted her back as she let me in. 'How are you doing? I've seen the race with Thomas. Gosh, what a sad ending to a race.' Lynn gave me a sad expression. I nodded and gave her a weak smile.

'Yeah, not how you like to see any race to end.' I said as we walked into the living room where I was greeted by the two happy dogs jumping on me. 'Hey babies.' I smiled at the two dogs as I played shortly with the both of them.

'Ellie and George not here?' I asked Lynn when I looked around the room and didn't saw my niece or nephew anywhere.

'They're spending the day with my mom today,' Lynn explained as she told the two dogs that it was now enough. It was at that moment that I finally saw my cat. Mr Picatso was sitting on one of the highest shelves of the bookcase. I walked over him and greeted him, making him stand up immediately. He just about fitted on there.

'I had to make place for him there.' Lynn laughed as she came standing next to me. 'I think he had enough of Winnie and Tigger and their energy.'

'I'm just glad that he doesn't mind dogs, honestly.' I told Lynn as I grabbed my cat and carried him in my arms to cuddle him for a second. He let me do that and even purr at me.

'Yeah, otherwise it would've been a different story,' Lynn grinned as Winnie came standing in front of us, probably already jealous that I was carrying Mr Picatso instead of him.

I stayed at Lynn's place for just a little while until I started to feel tired and apparently I showed my tiredness also on my face as Lynn had commented concerned about it.

'Are you sure you're okay to drive back home?' Lynn asked as I had put Mr Picatso, who was in her cage, in my car.

'It's not that far. I will be fine,' I smiled at Lynn's concerned. I wasn't that tired that I would fall asleep while driving.

'Okay, but let me know when you're back home, okay?' I nodded to Lynn and got in my car. I drove off to go finally home and the first thing apart from getting Mr Picatso out of his cage and give him some water and some food was taking a long nap on the couch. That was all that I needed at the moment

---

When Sebastian left England to go back to Switzerland for a while he had tried to convince me that it might be time to go and talk to my dad. As it was already Friday again it was now almost two weeks since dad had fired me from my job and I still hadn't made any progress of finding a new job. It made me nervous though. Because it wasn't like I got all the time of the world to find a new one, no. I needed to find a new job as soon as possible. But that was something I've been telling myself for almost two weeks now.

When I had some dinner and Sebastian telling me he had arrived safely home I decided it was time to go to my parent's house. I had been in contact with my mom, mostly because otherwise she would've been very mad at me for ignoring her. I arrived at their house, knowing that my dad still wasn't home yet and it would only be my mom being home. But that was also what I was counting for. I walked inside of their house with the keys that I kept when living on myself and found my mom in the kitchen cooking dinner.

'Hey, honey!' my mom said immediately when she saw me walking into the kitchen. 'If you're here for your dad, he isn't home yet.'

'Oh I know,' I said simply as I took place on one of the chairs at the dinner table. I saw mom sending me a concerned look.

'You're not leaving right before your dad's home, right?' she asked. I knew mom didn't like when one of her children weren't talking to their dad. It had happened many times, and it was mostly me who wasn't talking to him because of some argument we had. It happened to Thomas once when he told our dad that he wanted to become a vet instead whatever dad had planned for him. It happened with Maureen when she decided she didn't want to spend her whole life working at dad's garage, and well with me it happened too many times that you couldn't count it on two fingers anymore. But I was more of a mothers child anyway.

'No, no.' I sighed to mom, leaning with my back fully against the chair. 'But he better be nice to me, otherwise I won't stay for too long.'

'I know and he knows that too. You two will figure it out.' it was at that moment that we both heard a car stopping on the driveway. I almost had parked my car over there on his spot, mostly to annoy my father even more, but at the last minute, I decided not to do that.

'I'm home!' I heard my dad yell from the hallway not long after that. Mom looked over to me as she sat the table.

'Are you eating with us?' she asked. I shook my head.

'No, I've already eaten dinner.' I told her right at the moment when dad walked into the kitchen. He looked surprised at me while my mom greeted him with a kiss.

'I wasn't expecting visitors. I'm even surprised you're still alive Maya.' dad said as he had his stern look on his face while he sat down at the table. And while he sat down, I stood up from my chair.

'Not that you would've cared if I ended up somewhere in the streets.' I bit back, making my mom make disagreeing noises to the both of us as she pointed her finger at us.

'Hey! Stay civil with each other, or both go outside and stand in the rain while you fight this out.' she said. I raised my eyebrows up and curled my arms over each other as I waited for my dad to say something. It stayed silence for just a little while until the looks my mom gave my dad got him to sigh hard. I follow him with my eyes as he stood up and turned his body to me.

'Maya, listen. I'm sorry that I fired you. It was my mistake that a deal turned out very very wrong and it's wrong that the once that get punished are my employees. You know I don't like firing people. Definitely not when the only thing they do is gave me good and hard work. But you have to understand that this was my only way otherwise there would've been more unemployed people than only three of my employees. I'm very sorry that one of them was you. If you want me to apologize for that, I will. I'm sorry that I fired you. And if it will help just a little bit, I could help you find a new job if you want to.' I stared at him with my mouth closed while he was explaining himself. I sighed when he was done and remembered what Maureen told me about me wanting him to see me as just another employee.

'I guess I forgive you.' I said although it didn't come out too sincere.

'Okay, now hug it out you two. One and a half week of you both ignoring each other was too long for me.' my mom said. The corners of my mouth started to curl up at my mom's comment and I did what she asked for. I hugged my dad and hugged him even tighter when I felt his arms around me. Whatever happened, at the end of the day I would always forgive my family. Because what would I've been without them?