Chapter 13 | Lunch break

On Monday afternoon I dropped off Maureen at her appointment with her psychologist in Milton Keynes. I wanted to make sure she would go to her appointment, therefore I had decided to bring her myself. It did mean that I either just had to stay at her house or find a place in Milton Keynes that would entertain me for an hour and a half. I decided on going to a small cozy café and asked for a coffee on the go. 
'Maureen?' I heard a man's voice ask me confused behind me. I almost wanted to correct the person, but once I turned around I was met with Sebastian. 'Hey,'  he said with a smile. I smiled back at him.
'Hey,' I said to him, switching back to pretending to be Maureen. I wish I didn't have to do that though. 

'Aren't you supposed to be at work?' Sebastian asked with a playful grin. 
'Aren't you supposed to be training for the next race?' I asked him back before taking my coffee and paying for it. 
'I'm on my break, thank you for noticing,' Sebastian said in a sarcastic tone which made me laugh. Oops. He ordered a coffee to go for himself too and so I decided to wait for him. Sebastian turned to me while waiting for his coffee. 'but why are you here?'
'I have a day off,' I told him while watching him grab his coffee.
'And then you decide to stay in Milton Keynes?' he asked while I felt his hand on my lower back and pushed me softly to the exit. I couldn't help but feel warm inside from the touch of his hand. I would've felt uncomfortable if a guy suddenly touched me like that, but the truth was with Sebastian I didn't. In fact, I wanted his other hand to touch me too. Even if it was just lightly against my hand. I didn't know why my body was reacting this way. I felt so attracted to him. I didn't even realize that I hadn't answered his question until he spoke up again. 'Well?' 
'Oh, yeah, well..' I started, getting pushed back into reality. 'I went to my parents' house this weekend, I just got back,' I told him. It was kind of true. I just didn't know what the planning was for the rest of the day. Was Maureen going back to work? Or are we still switching lives? 

'Is that the reason why you look like you do right now?' Sebastian grinned looking with his eyes at me up and down. 
'What's that supposed to mean?' I asked him, raising my eyebrows while looking at my outfit. I was wearing dungarees with a man shirt that was way too oversized, but it was a look that I liked. Sure, Maureen wasn't a fan of it, but it wasn't that bad, right? 

'I'm just playing with you. It is, however, unusual to see you wear stuff like this, but I like it. You look cute,' Sebastian said with a smile while a soft wave of wind went through us. 

'Cute in a good or bad way?' I decided to ask with a playful grin to make sure that I didn't need a serious answer from him. 
'Cute as in,' He stopped walking and came a little closer to me. 'incredibly hot,'
His words made me blush hard, but because he was so close I was already blushing. A voice in my head reminded me that I wasn't Maya at the moment, and the heated feeling that was surrounding my body disappeared.

 'That doesn't even make sense,' I said and gave him a little playful push as I started to walk to my car again. I pressed my lips together as I tried to stop my sudden feelings for this racer away. The thing I was working for with Daniel was for Maureen, but I couldn't start this with Sebastian while he thinks I'm Maureen. 
'It doesn't?' Sebastian asked as he caught up to me. The grin on his face was even wider now, making me almost fall right back to the feelings that I tried to step away from a second ago. 
'Go back training,' I grinned back. I stopped at my car which made Sebastian stop too. I turned around to him.

'Or you could join me? You see, it was kind of rude of you back in Austria at the swimming pool for you to just watch me train,' I looked to him to see if he was serious, but with his goofy smile, it was tricky to see if he was joking or not. 

'What do you want me to do? Cheer you on?' I asked. I put my arms over each other, waiting for Sebastian to throw the ball back at me. 
'Actually, that might be more motivating yeah, would you mind?' Sebastian asked. I laughed and shook my head. 

'You're funny,' I told Sebastian. 

'Does that mean I can buy you coffee sometimes?' I had to look away from Sebastian for a second, trying to not show my stupid wide smile on my face. 
'Sure,' I finally said. 

Sebastian and I kept talking for another hour. It would've been longer if I didn't suddenly realize that it was time to pick up my sister. So with a little bit of disappointment, I had to say goodbye to Sebastian and had to make my way to my sister. In the end, I got even more disappointed because Maureen wasn't even done yet, and I could've at least talked to Sebastian for maybe ten minutes. I parked the car in a parking spot and took my own phone out to entertain myself. I wasn't sure why I did what I did, but I went to Josh's messaging and looked and the last few conversations that I, but also Maureen, had with him. Somehow I went from Josh his messages to a Pinterest board of Sebastian Vettel and I realized that I haven't even missed Josh. Sure I was hurt when Maureen told me he had found someone else, but I didn't care now. I even felt glad that Josh found somebody else. As weird as that sounds. 

'Hey, what are you looking at?' Maureen's sudden appearance in the car got me frighted and made me almost drop my phone. 'Wait, no really. What were you looking at?' She said again, amused by my reaction.
'Nothing!' I said back immediately. Maureen grabbed my phone and looked at the screen. A big grin turned on her face.
'Are you getting a crush on Sebastian Vettel?' she asked, looking more and more at the pictures. I felt myself blushing while trying to get my phone back. 'So that's why I got a text from Seb,'
'No!' I said, but just realized what she said. He texted me? Or her.. 'He texted me... or you?'

'Yeah, he said he had fun in his break,' she laughed. 'Want to explain yourself?' 
I didn't, but I knew Maureen wouldn't take no for an answer, so I decided to take her attention to some other news.
'No,' I said. 'But have I told you that you're going on a date with Daniel?' I pressed my lips together while a smile slowly creeps on my face as I was waiting for her reply. 
'You can't just change the subje- Wait, what did you just say?' 
'You're going on a date with Daniel!' I repeated myself. 'I don't know when, because he hasn't said anything about it anymore, but it's going to happen. So you should thank me.'
'I can't go on a date with him,' Maureen said with a panic voice, making me almost feel bad for her, but decided that she was just overreacting. 
'Don't be so dramatic, of course you're going on a date with him,'  I told her while rolling my eyes. I was glad we were finally talking about her and not what I was doing while she was having her appointment. 
'No you don't get it. I can't,' she said again. 'I probably get fired for it or they get me off the travel team and I have to stay at the factory. Ew, I don't want that. I can't risk that,' I could help but chuckle. 
'I don't think that's going to happen, and besides, Daniel is deeply in love with you. I think he would make sure nothing would change for your work environment if it means he can go on a date with you. So get over it and go on that date,' I finally told her while turning the car back on. 
'We'll see about that,' I heard her say as her last words before we both got silence and got sucked in deep into our own thoughts. 

A/N: The day has finally arrived, the winter testing has begun. (although F1 tv doesn't allow me to purchase their subscription to actually watch it with their errors that I get because of the google store )
Anyway, hope you like this chapter as much as I loved writing the interaction between Seb and Maya, let me know. (: