Chapter 14 | Panic attack

Sometimes it was for the best to just not talk about some things. Maureen and I haven't had talked about the appointment, but I could see it had helped her in some way. She was currently working at her own job while I'm finally back to my own life, for a little while at least. She asked me if I could take the Saturday from her which I was fine with. It was just one day.
'Maya! There you are, I was looking for you!' I got called while I was working under a car. I rolled myself out from down the car and looked at Troye who was leaning against the car I was working at.
'If you break it, you fix it,' I warned him, while I stood up. He rolled his eyes playful with a smile and decided to just ignore my comment.
'I just need those pliers set that you borrowed last week. I don't want to get in trouble with Joe, because you of all people know how he is.' Troye said, making me nod. But the only problem was I wasn't the one that borrowed it, Maureen was. And I really didn't know where she had put it. 
'Yeah yeah, we know. He's my uncle. Check those cabins over there, they might be in there.' I told him. 
'They might? You don't know where they are?' Troye asked dramatically. I ignored him and while he went looking in the cabins I got back under the car. 'Oh, found them!' I heard Troye say. I grinned while rolling my eyes. 'But not where you said they would be.' 

At my break, I almost sat down to watch the second practice that was going to start in about ten minutes, until my phone rang. Troye and Benjamin, who I shared my break with, both looked at me. Their looks gave away that they were bothered by the loud sound my phone made. I laughed softly and walked away from the two boys as I saw that Maureen was calling me. 
'Hello sweet sister, what can I do for you?' I said playfully as I picked up the phone. 
'Hey Maya. It's me, Brad.' I heard coming from my phone. 

'Brad?' I asked confused. 'What's up? Why are you calling from Maureen's phone?' I looked at my right where I saw the two boys that I had lunch with calling me that the second practice was soon to start. I waved them away and listen to what Brad had to say.
'You need to come down here immediately. Maureen is having a panic attack and I don't know what to do. I've never seen anyone having a panic attack. I don't even know if it's really a panic attack. What if she's having a heart attack?! Oh my god, do you think I need to bring her to the hospital? What if I'm too late?!' I heard Brad almost scream in my phone. He first sounded so relaxed when I picked up the phone, but now he was in panic mode.

'First of all, Calm down Brad,' I told the boy at the other end of the phone. I'm not sure why I am not panicking. I haven't seen Maureen having a panic attack ever. This was something new as far as I knew. 'Second of all, get some help for Maureen. Someone that knows what to do and don't let her alone okay?' It was the best advice that I could think of. What did you do if someone has a panic attack? And how did you know IF it was a panic attack? I certainly didn't know.
'I will, but you have to come also!' Brad said while the panic was still noticeable in his voice. 
'I can't,' I told him with a sigh. 
'You have to,' 

'I can't Brad. I'm at work. I have my own job remember, and besides it's a 45 to an hour of a drive. Before I'll be there everything will be fine again.' It wasn't because I didn't want to leave work to go to my sister, since I'm going tonight anyway, it just was because I really couldn't go. My uncle would give me ten times more work next week if I decided to leave right now. 'I'll be there tonight, just make sure my sister is alright. Can you do that?' 
'Fine, Antti is already checking up on Maureen. I'll update you,' I heard Brad say while hearing a lot of noise in the background. I said goodbye to Brad and returned to the table with Troye and Benjamin waiting for me. 
'Everything alright?' Benjamin asked me after he took his eyes off the television. I nodded and smiled at him before he returned his attention back to the television and so did I. 

I would lie if I told myself I wasn't worried about Maureen. Brad texted me only once again saying that Maureen was doing okay. I believed it because whatever just happened we're still talking about Maureen. The woman who broke her arm in gym class once and told everyone it was nothing and walked back home at the end of the day and finally got forced by our mom to let it get checked. It was in fact broken, and how Maureen managed to get through all that pain, saying it was nothing, I really don't know. But then again, I was the most sensitive person out of the two of us. Seeing my sister like this makes me wonder if she was just good at hiding pain from everyone or that something really hard has to hit her before everything comes out. Whatever it was, I hope with a little help she figures out what to do about it, and how I can help her with that. I just need to see her genuinely happy, like she did last weekend when we were at our parent's house with mom and Thomas and his family. That's the Maureen I know, and for her sake I want her to go back to that state of happiness. 

A/N: It's a bit of a short chapter, sorry for that. Monday I won't upload. It's going to be a busy week next week with me ending the week with an exam, which is always fun....(not really) But the week after that I'm a week off from school so then I probably will upload two chapters. See you next Friday (: