Chapter 33 | Thoughts & Doubts

My mind was lost in all the opportunities and secrets that I got given and been told on Friday. Yesterday was bad, but I hadn't realised that it would even be worse when the race had started. My mind didn't seem to get any rest considering the pressure I felt for giving an answer to both opportunities as somehow the offer Christian made got to Brad and Maureen's ears. They told me yesterday to just take the offer, mostly Maureen was the one that was pressuring me to say yes. I was probably crazy for taking so long to think about this offer for so long without giving an answer and it didn't help when Seb gave me the opportunity to work for the rival team he was going to drive for next year. I think my mind slowly is going to get mad. I wasn't even paying any attention to the race and I wasn't the only one realising that I wasn't paying attention. I suddenly felt Antti's eyes staring at me. I looked at him, realising that he must have asked me something. 
'Mmh?' I asked him, trying to sound as casual as possible. Hoping that he would fall for it. He laughed, letting me know that he didn't fall for my casualties. 
'You looked like you were lost in your thoughts. Did you even notice the race is over?' he asked with an amused look on his face. My eyes left Antti to watch the screen. He was right. The screen was currently showing all the other cars passing the finish line, right before going back to the one driver that won. It wasn't Seb, unfortunately. It was Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes car. 
'Uhm, yes?' I laughed awkwardly looking again in Antti's way who was now standing up. 
'I don't know if I believe that, but okay. I gotta go pick up my driver.' he said.
'Yeah sure, go.' I smiled and while Antti walked away, I looked at the mechanics in front of me, including my sister. Again I slowly disappeared into my thoughts as I started to dream out of my eyes. Would being a mechanic in a Formula One team be the thing I want to do? It was Maureen's dream job, but not mine. Sure, it was really cool to experience it for one or two weekends and even now looking from the sidelines it gave me a rush. But this just didn't seem to be my scene. I want to open my own garage in some foreign country where I transform cars into beauties. Sure it will take some time to start this dream of mine as I didn't really have the money to take a risk like that, but that was still my end goal in my career. 
'Hey dreamer,' I got interrupted out of my thoughts as Maureen walked over to me. 'What are you thinking?' she asked.
'Who says I was thinking?' I commented back raising my eyebrows to make it more believable. Maureen's lips curled up, letting a bright smile take over her face. 
'Still being busy with that offer RedBull has given you?' she then asked. I bit inside my cheek.
'Maybe,'
'Why don't you just take it. It pays well, better than what dad pays you.' Maureen said, trying to convince me once again. 
'I know that. Stop trying to convince me. I gotta make this decision myself,' I told my sister, making her roll her eyes out of amusement for my response and then walked away. 

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing while waiting for Sebastian to be done, as he was my drive back to the hotel, -and I was his guest of course-. So when I was done being in the RedBull garage, I decided to just explore the paddock a little bit and watch the impressive looking hospitality buildings from the different teams. I found the RedBull hospitality pretty fast and made my way inside to get a drink. I sat myself down on one of the free seats somewhere in the corner and took out my phone. I played around with my phone for a little while until I got a text from Seb, asking me where I was. I responded back with that I was sitting in the hospitality and not long after I had sent that text, I saw Sebastian walking towards me. He had a big grin on his face. 
'Hey,' I smiled as I put my phone away as Sebastian stood in front of me. 
'Didn't realise you were good at hiding. Been past this place twice now and I hadn't seen you,' he explained.
'Well, that's one of my many talents,' I smiled, making Sebastian shake his head with a laugh. 
'Alright. You ready to go then?' I nodded and stood up while Sebastian waited for me. 
'Britta and Antti won't be driving with us back to the hotel,' he explained when we got to his car a while later. The past two days Sebastian had played a taxi driver not only for me but also for Britta and Antti, so I guess it did surprise me when we suddenly were alone for the car ride back to the hotel. 
'Why?' I asked him as we both got in the car. I didn't mind being finally alone with Sebastian, but it was kind of strange. 
'Because we have to hurry otherwise we will miss our flight,' he said while a grin slowly appeared on his face as he watched my confused expression on my face.
'Where are we going?' I asked curiously after my confusion was over. I forgot that he never confirmed that we would stay in Monza after the race. 
'That's still a surprise,' Sebastian said as his eyes were concentrated on the road. I kept looking at him, mostly into his eyes as I could see the reflection from the street lights appear and disappear in his eyes. 'But I will give you a hint,' he said, giving me a short look before his eyes moved back to the road again, catching me stare into his eyes. His lips curled up. 
'When we got off that plane, people will still be talking Italian,' his small clue made me a little confused.
'Are we still in Italy then?' I asked, raising my eyebrows. His hands shortly let go of the steering wheel, putting his hands instead up in the air as the sign of his innocence. 
'I can't tell you. Those were all my hints,'