Chapter 26 | Slushy

Sitting in Sebastian's sports car with my work clothes on made me nervous. Not only because I was sitting in an expansive car with my filthy uniform, but also because it was just awkward between us as we both kept our mouth shut. I didn't even dare to ask where we were going. I was sure Sebastian felt the same vibe in the car, why else would he start to mess around with the radio like he was doing right now? I pressed my lips together as I decided to still keep quiet and instead was looking outside. I was sure he had already said what he needed to say, so I wasn't sure what I was doing here right now. The sun was shining in my eyes and I had to squeeze my eyes almost fully shut to not get bothered by the sun. That was until Seb opened up the sun visor in front of me that protected my eyes from the sun. I looked at him and saw the smile that he had on his face as he made a turn. I automatically started to smile too seeing his smile. Suddenly he stopped the car at the side where he parked, and with a confused look, I tried to find out where we were. 
'Stay here, I'll be right back,' Sebastian said as he unbuckled his belt and got out of the car without waiting for a reaction back from me. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at him walking away from the car. At least he kept the radio on for me. I put the volume a bit louder as a song from Lady Gaga was on. I hummed along to the song that I only knew a few words from, while I took my phone out of my pocket. I had a thought that Maureen had something to do with Sebastian founding out where I worked and taking me to who knows where. So I decided to give her a quick call, but it didn't take long till I started to realize that she clicked my call away. 
'Rude,' I mumbled to myself as I was already getting ready to text her. 

To Maureen:
Do you know by any chance why I'm sitting in Sebastian's car?

I send the text and looked back around me again, waiting for a replay back. I started to recognize the street Sebastian had parked the car at because if you go around the corner you were in a busy shopping street. But the reason why we were here if he wanted to talk, I honestly had no clue. My phone made a short noise to let me know I had a message. I looked at it and saw that Maureen had texted me back.

From Maureen:
You are?! Fun! ;)

I rolled my eyes by her text. She obviously knew about it, otherwise, she would've already called me back or had a different kind of reaction to give. I felt eyes on me from outside the car and I looked up seeing Sebastian walking back over to his car with two cups of slushy's in his hand. I automatically sat up straight as I give him an interesting look. He had a grin on his face as he opened the car with one hand. 
'This one's for you,' he said as he gives me the cup with the red and blue frozen stuff in it. 
'How did you know that...?' I took the cup from him, but couldn't help but look confused at him. Slushy was secretly my favourite thing to eat/drink. But that was mostly because I couldn't eat ice cream if I wasn't nearby a toilet, if you know what I mean
'Honestly? Maureen.' Sebastian said, still grinning from my reaction.
'Of course,' I laughed, thankful that the awkward vibe in the car was gone. I took a small sip from my slushy, knowing that the first few sips would hurt my teeth like they always did because of how cold it felt against my teeth.
'I saw a park a few streets from here, shall we talk there?' Sebastian asked. I nodded, knowing which park he meant as it was the one that was close by my house. Sebastian put his slushy in his cupholder and drove back on the street, while I kept sipping slowly on my slushy. It didn't take long until the car was parked again and we were walking in the park that was familiar to me as this was also the park I spent a lot of my time with my siblings and my cousins to play. We just sat down on a bench when I realised again that I was in my work uniform. I immediately felt uncomfortable as my work uniform wasn't really the most charming thing ever. 
'You alright?' Sebastian asked as he saw my discomfort. I looked back at him and saw him smile at me. But that smile turned really fast into a grin. 'Hold on, you have something on your face,'  He didn't even hesitate to put his hand on my cheek and tried to wipe away whatever was on my face with his thumb.
'Well that's embarrassing,' I smiled as I kept looking at his eyes while he was this close again. 
'Nein, you're cute with your work outfit and messy face,' Sebastian grinned making me feel lots of things in my stomach. His hand left my cheek, making me already miss his touch. How could I miss something that wasn't mine? Gosh, I was stupid for feeling all of this again. I looked down to my slushy as I felt my cheeks turn red. I heard Sebastian take a sip from his slushy, making me also take a sip. 
'Maya, I do want to apologise about what happened at the hospital with Maureen and so on. My reaction was rude,'  Sebastian explained. I looked back at him again, meeting his eyes with mine. 
'Please don't apologise, you were in your right to have a reaction like that.' I told him, making him shake his head to show he disagreed with me. 
'No I wasn't, because I didn't want to listen back then to the whole story. Daniel and Maureen told me more to the story after a few days. So yeah, my reaction was a bit harsh.' Sebastian explained further. 'Although I would've appreciated that I knew your name was Maya instead of me thinking you were Maureen when we had sex.' He said the last word in a whisper as there were enough young kids walking past us. He had a mischievous smile on his face though. 
'Yeah, not my finest moment,' I laughed awkwardly as I scratched the back of my head. 
'Well, I wouldn't say that. Because the sex was great, honestly.' Sebastian's grin only got wider and wider. As an automatic reflection, I give him a soft push against his shoulder making him laugh harder while my head slowly was turning into a tomato. 
'I meant lying about who I was,' I told him, but couldn't help let the corners of my lips curl up. 
'But you agree with me, right?' Sebastian asked, completely ignoring my point and maybe even the main point of this conversation. I looked around me before answering his question. The park slowly got busier with children, wanting to play in the park. Fortunate for us we sat down on the less busy side of the park, which meant we weren't that bothered by the busy crowd that were mostly children. 
'Sure,' I said. I smirked when seeing Sebastian raised eyebrows. Obviously not happy with my simple answer.  But before I let him speak up about what he was thinking, I stood up and looked at him. 'Shall we go somewhere else, before we keep hanging on this topic with all of these kids around us,' I reached my hand over to him, which he took and stood up too. 
'Where do you want to go?' he asked as we already started to walk out of the park. We left our empty slushy's in the trash can before walking back to the car.
'Do you mind going to my place? I left my cat outside this morning because he wanted to lay in the sun, but knowing him already he's been staring at the door to get inside for the past two hours.' I explained. 
'You have a cat?' he asked surprised.
'You will love him,' I told Sebastian while I was nodding at him. I started to smile while my mind immediately went to my Mr Picatso. I have fallen in love with him in such a short time, but I guess that wasn't a first since that seemed to happen before with the man next to me. 

---

A/N: This chapter was inspired by me having a slushy this week, not kidding. 
I'm also thinking about uploading an extra chapter on Tuesday because the next chapter continues on after this scene if that makes sense. Idk. I wanted to combine the two chapters and make it one long one, but that didn't felt right for some reason so yeah. Tell me if you like to have an extra chapter on Tuesday.