9. How I Accidentally Busted My Pants, Bashed My Knee, and Bruised My Ego

Okay, if this scene were in one of my favorite comic books, it would be written like this. . . .

"When we last left our hero, he was trapped inside the deep, dark bowels of his locker, imprisoned there, for perhaps eternity, by his evil archnemesis, Thug Thurston. However, using his stealth and cunning, our hero communicates telepathically with a nearby alien life-form in an attempt to summon help!"

So maybe desperately banging on my locker door while screaming hysterically like a scared toddler WASN'T exactly telepathic or very heroic. But still! It worked.

Through the small vents in the door, I saw a startled girl freeze in her tracks. Then she slowly approached my locker and stared at it with a perplexed look on her face. . . .

(Y/n)'s P

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.
———————————————————————

I was walking to my next period class when I heard distant yelling and banging.

I went to see what it was. When I got closer, the banging and yelling got louder and louder.

Then I found the source of the noise. It was just another person who was stuffed inside a locker.. poor guy.

———————————————————————

Thank goodness! Help at last! But when I finally recognized just WHO she was, my heart dropped into my socks.

It was (Y/n) (L/n)! THE cutest and smartest girl in the entire eighth grade. She was also president of the (Activity) club which was one of the main reasons I wanted to join it.

We'd had a really deep conversation in science class the first week of school.

I was handing in my extra-credit homework about the largest carnivorous (meat-eating) dinosaurs when she'd smiled at me and said, "Wow! Did you draw those dinos? You're a super-talented artist!"

After I checked to make sure she wasn't talking to someone behind me, I gave her a goofy grin, shrugged, and then just kind of stared at her.

I was really nervous. Somehow I tripped over the trash can, fell over, split my pants, banged my knee on the floor, and screamed, "OW! DANG, THAT HURT!"

Of course, Thug and most of the kids in my class laughed and told me what a total KLUTZ I was.

I was SO embarrassed and humiliated! I wanted to shove the trash can over my head, crawl out of the room to the nearest bathroom, and FLUSH myself down the toilet.

"OMG! Are you okay?" (Y/n) had exclaimed as she helped me up. When I looked up at her, I noticed that she had tinted pink cheeks and a worried expression.