28. How I Discovered the Stinky Note of Doom

(Yay! Two more chapters and this book is finished!! I hope you enjoy the chapter! And please tell me in the comments if there are any mistakes or corrections. Thank you! ^^)

I was happy that (Y/n) agreed to help me out. I guess this meant we were FRIENDS again.

CRAZY, right?!

Maybe I'll join the (activity/hobby) club after all and we can hang out after school.

But don't get it twisted!

Like I said earlier, I'm NOT crushing on her or anything. I hardly even know the girl.

And yes, I really needed to break the news to her that, in addition to her cell phone, I was ALSO borrowing her Ice Princess costume.

But since she was so traumatized by her play getting canceled, I'd probably just keep the costume a SECRET for a little while longer.

I know. I KNOW! You DON'T have to tell me.

Okay, people, let's say it all together. . . .

DUDE! THAT'S JUST WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!

Anyway, I guess I gave the burglars such a hard time, they'd FINALLY given up on trying to capture me.

I was a little INSULTED that they actually called me HARMLESS. Really?

What am I? CHOPPED LIVER?!

I may not be as MEAN as Ralph, as STRONG as Moose, or as blissfully STUPID as Tucker.

But I DID have a private entrance into the ventilation system from my locker, which gave me SECRET access to the ENTIRE SCHOOL!

I COULD TOTALLY RUN THIS PLACE! FOR REAL!

My plan was to spy on the burglars and watch their every move until I got the perfect opportunity to swoop in and swipe my dad's comic book.

Then I'd dial 911 for the police and call it a night.

The good news was that my new clothing made it a lot easier to move around inside the vents.

But crawling around on my hands and knees was getting old.

What I needed was . . .

SPEED!!

I was passing by the vent door to the janitor's closet and just happened to look inside.

That's when I spotted the PERFECT piece of equipment. . . .

It had four-inch nonskid wheels that were soft, rubbery, and completely quiet, and, most important, it was

It had four-inch nonskid wheels that were soft, rubbery, and completely quiet, and, most important, it was . . .