17. Just Kickin' It!

I turned on my flashlight and carefully examined every single square inch of my locker.

The door and two side walls were made of heavy-duty sheet metal held together with screws and brackets.

However, the back wall panel was fairly thin.

This made sense, since the lockers were up against a wall in the hallway.

That's when I excitedly came up with a brilliant plan! Escaping from my locker would be a PIECE OF CAKE and take me barely five minutes . . .

If ONLY I had the right POWER TOOLS!!

But, unfortunately, my mom HADN'T stuffed a blowtorch, electric screwdriver, and jackhammer into my backpack along with my PB and J sandwich. . . .

Which meant that I was pretty much STUCK inside my locker for another

Which meant that I was pretty much STUCK inside my locker for another . . .

*Doing the math inside my head*

EIGHTY-THREE MORE HOURS!

FOR REAL?!!!!!!

There was NO WAY I was going to last another eighty-three hours!

All my energy and optimism gushed out of me like air from a deflating balloon and was quickly replaced with anger and frustration.

That's when I totally lost it and kicked the back wall.

BAM!!!

I kicked it REALLY hard. Unfortunately, SO hard I was afraid I had broken my ding-dang foot.

OWWW!!!

That's when I heard a strange sound.

And NO! It WASN'T me sobbing from the intense pain in my foot. It was more like cracking and crumbling.

And NO! It wasn't the sound of broken and crushed bones in my foot, smarty-pants!

So I kicked it even harder with my other foot and then put my ear up against the back panel.

It sounded like old drywall crumbling and falling.

COULD THIS BE A WAY OUT OF MY LOCKER?!!!

With renewed hope, I kept kicking the back panel as hard as I could.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Several screws popped loose from the side walls and dropped to the floor.

Even though I was sweating like a pig and both of my feet throbbed with pain, I kept at it.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

I kicked that panel like it was Thug's BUTT!!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Finally, I heard a loud . . .

SNAP! CRACK! CRASH!

Exhausted and breathing heavily, I leaned against a side wall and examined the back panel with my flashlight.

There must have been a water pipe leaking nearby, because damp, rotted drywall had crumbled away.

Small chunks of it lay on the floor of my locker like lopsided snowballs.

The back panel was still partially attached by several screws along its top edge.

However, now it was literally swinging back and forth like a giant doggy door.

I grabbed the panel and pulled it behind me.

Then I carefully leaned forward to take a closer look at the damaged wall.

My mind was completely blown by what I saw. . . .

A HUGE HOLE!!

But here's the CREEPY part! A mysterious RED GLOW was coming from somewhere on the other side!

Okay, I'll admit that I felt so completely terrified that I wanted to fall on the floor and roll around while hysterically screaming my head off!! a little nervous.

It gave me a really bad vibe, like I was about to enter a HORROR MOVIE or something.

But don't get it twisted!

I like WATCHING those movies, NOT actually becoming one of the clueless murder victims.

So I had to make a tough decision.

I could turn back and go wait inside my locker for another

(*doing the math in my head*)

EIGHTY-TWO-POINT-FIVE HOURS until I was rescued, or crawl through that hole into the possibly freaky unknown.

It's always easier to ignore a problem and do nothing because you're scared out of your mind.

But that was EXACTLY how I'd gotten myself into this huge mess to begin with.

Sorry, but I was sick and tired of living like that.

I decided to take my chances with the hole in the wall!

I didn't have the slightest idea WHERE it would take me.

And I didn't really care.

All I wanted were TWO things:

First, a BATHROOM!

And second, an EXIT DOOR! So I could get the HECK outta, um . . . wherever I was . . . and go HOME!!

Ok guys, thank's for reading!! Tell me in the comments on how the story is!

(Btw plz check out my other stories!!)

Remember to vote, tell your friend's about this story, and to have a good morning/afternoon/night!!

736 words