Lillie's Christmas Dance Recital

(Start video around 1:28)

Kirstie was in her bathroom,curling Lillie,her 4 year old daughter,long brown hair.Today was her first Christmas dance recital.They enrolled her into dance classes in the beginning of August and she has loved it ever since.It's only an hour long on Wednesday nights,and it's the highlight of Lillie's week.

"Mommy?Is Uncle Scott and Uncle Mark coming?"she asked,as Kirstie finished curling the last strand of hair.

"Yes baby,they're coming.Also Uncle Mitch and Beau are coming to watch Emberlee and you dance,"Kirstie responds grabbing some hairspray from off of the counter.

Emberlee is Lillie's best friend,aka Leigh and Kevin's daughter.They were born around the same time and ever since they've been inseparable.

Kirstie sprayed little sprits of hairspray in her hair to lock the curls into place.Kirstie lifts Lillie on the counter top and starts to do her makeup.Kirstie didn't like the thought of putting makeup on her toddler,so she put on at little as possible.She put on light foundation,blush,eyeshadow and lipstick on the squirming toddler;which was extremely challenging.

"Ok princess you're done."Kirstie exclaims.

Lillie turns around to face the mirror and starts making faces.She poses while admiring her makeup while Kirstie giggles.

"I look like a princess."Lillie giggles.

"You do look like a princess,don't you?"Kirstie asks,as her hands flew over Lillie's sides.

She started to squeeze and tickle them,causing Lillie to laugh hysterically.Lillie's eyes were slammed shut as she leaned again Kirstie.

"Mommy!St-stop!"she laughs,barely being able to catch her breath.

Kirstie stops tickling Lillie and leaves a soft peck on her forehead.She picks her up from off of the counter and sets her on her hip.

"Matt?"Kirstie calls out,leaving Lillie's bathroom and going into Lillie's room.

She sets her down and Lillie immediately runs to her dollhouse.Moments later,Matt poked his head in the doorway.

"What darling?"Matt asked.

"Can you get Lillie dressed?Her costume is in her closet."Kirstie asked.

"Of course baby."he cheers,walking up to his wife and giving her a peck on the lips.

Kirstie hums contently against his lips as she wraps her arms around his waist.They released from their kiss with a sigh and Kirstie left the pink princess room to get ready.Matt rummages through the closet and pulls out Lillie's ballet costume.It was a white leotard with silver sequins and a white tutu attached.

"Lillie,come here.I need to get you into your costume."Matt instructs.

Lillie set down her dolls and walked of over to Matt.Matt crouched down and helps her put on her tan tights and costume.

"Daddy.It's itchy!"Lillie whines,scratching her under arms.

"I'm sorry baby....here!"he pauses and grabs a mini PTX zip jacket from her closet and slides on her.

"Better?"he asked.

"Yes!"she exclaims.

Matt grabs her ballet bag,along with Lillie's tennis shoes and goes down stairs.Lillie followed quickly behind him with her dolls and plays on the couch in the living room.

While Matt packed some snacks for Lillie,Kirstie came down stairs with her purse and car keys.

"Alrighty,we have to be at the venue in 30 minutes!"Kirstie yells,slipping on a small jacket that was on the kitchen table.