two.

the wait for sun to arrive was awkward, everyone on their phones to avoid talking to each other

the wait for sun to arrive was awkward, everyone on their phones to avoid talking to each other. alastair looked over to oliver who wasn't answering any of his questions or even interested in talking to him, ignoring him with great patience and practice.

"i can't believe you're all too scared to talk to each other but would run into a burning building with confidence." alastair said out loud in disbelief. damon, who was quietly talking to l.jun next to him, rolled his eyes.

"then why don't you just start a conversation yourself?" damon asked. alastair mocked him under his breath and looked to yoko and eden who were talking to each other and decided maybe he should try and talk to them.

"so," alastair started, gaining the attention  of the both of them. "how long have you guys been training for?" oliver scoffed at alastair's conversation starter, shaking his head in disbelief.

"two years," yoko replied. alastair was probably looking for a longer answer so he continued. "i was supposed to debut a year ago but the other trainees left, so i trained for another year."

"they decided to put you in a group after a year? isn't that early?" alastair might've been a little interested, just a little. he read  stories recently of people training for their whole life without any signs of hope.

"there's people that train for a couple of months then debut," yoko shrugged. "but of course not all of them are good, just pleasing to look at." alastair nodded.

"and you?" he asked eden, who was still trying to remember how long he's been training for.

"five years?" he questioned, not sure himself. alastair thought over the number and said the first thing that came to mind to keep the conversation going.

"so you've been training since you were ten?" yoko tried to stifle his laughter but ended up snorting quietly. eden whined and hit his friend and decided to clear up the confusion.

"i've been training since i was fifteen." it was silent before alastair whispered an 'oh my god you're twenty.' oliver couldn't hold back as he laughed at his clueless teammate.

"stop laughing at me," alastair whined. "how was i supposed to know their ages." he leaned back into his seat and covered his face, smacking oliver's arm when he wouldn't stop laughing

"i'm older than you! respect me." alastair yelled, but oliver just hit him back, not done laughing. l.jun watched the group in front of him, a small smile on his face. yoko and eden looked like they were enjoying themselves, watching oliver and alastair argue. ming, who was silently listening to the banter, cut into the laughter.

"isn't that kind of pathetic," he asked, and oliver's and alastair's laughing had quieted down. "training for five years and debuting because you were the only choice." ming might've regretted being harsh but he's already said it, there's nothing he could do. l.jun looked ready to scold the youngest but eden spoke first.