Chapter Four ~ Song

(A few days later)
Patton knocked on Virgil's door. "Virge! I have a question!"
Virgil opened the door and sighed. "About what?"
"So, during the whole lie-detector thing..."
"Ugh, don't remind me."
"...who was the crush you were talking about?"
"Patton! I just recently told you guys my name- I am NOT telling you more information yet!"
"Okay, okay. But, Virgil, I am worried about... what you said..."
"Being worried is my job."
"Yeah, true..."
"So... can you..."
"Oh, you want me to leave? Well, then, bye!"
Patton rushed off, leaving Virgil alone. He smiled slightly. Now he could work on his project.
Lately, Roman had been hearing a voice singing songs every night. He deeply wondered who the voice belonged to, and listened closely every night. This night, he sighed. He wondered who Virgil's crush was. Probably not him.
"Oh, darling, you're my best friend.."
He heard the heavenly voice and smiled.
"I've been doin' bad things that you don't know about...
Stealing your stuff now and then..."
Roman sighed. Who was the 'darling' in this song? And who was singing?
"Nothin' you'd miss, but it means the world to me..."
Roman frowned in concentration. Actually, one of his items of clothing had gone missing lately. Well, just a coincidence, probably.
"I wanna ruin our friendship... we should be lovers instead...
I don't know how to say this, 'cause you're really my dearest friend.."
Roman found himself singing along.
"I wanna ruin our friendship..."
"I don't know how to say this, because you're really my dearest friend~"
Roman smiled. Tomorrow he would question everyone.
The next day, Patton, Logan, and Thomas were grilling Virgil.
"So? Which of the traits are you in love with, Virge?" Thomas asked.
"Shut.. up!" Virgil blushed.
"You can tell us, Virgil, there will be no judgment."
"No way! I am not shouting out more information to you guys."
"Well, then sing us a song! Then, I swear, I'll stop asking," Patton said, excitedly.
"Uhg... do I have to?"
"Yes, if you want me to get them to stop."
"Fine..." Virgil sighed, blushing. He cleared his throat.
"If there's a prize for rotten judgement, I guess I've already won that. All those days, chasing down a daydream, that's ancient history, been there, done that!"
The others (except Roman) joined in singing. "Who do you think you're kidding? He's the earth and heaven to you! Try to keep it hidden, honey we can see right through you~"
"Oh, no~"
"Boy, you can't conceal it, we know how you're feeling, who you're thinking of!"
"Oh~ No chance, no way, I won't say it, no no~"
"You swoon, you sigh, why deny it, oh~?"
"It's too cliché, I won't say I'm in love~"
Roman was caught off guard by Virgil's voice. It sounded exactly like the voice he'd heard before- like an angel's.
"I thought my heart had learned its lesson... it feels so good when you start out."
"You'll be there..."
"My head is screaming, get a grip, boy! Unless you're dying to cry your heart out, oh~"
"You keep on denying, who you are is how you're feeling, baby we're not buying, hon, we saw you hit the ceiling~"
"Oh, no~"
"Face it like a grown-up, when you gonna own up that you got, got, got it bad~"
"Oh~ No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no."
"Give up, give in, check the grin, you're in love~"
"This scene won't play! I won't say I'm in love!"
"You're doing flips, read our lips, you're in love!"
"You're way off base! I won't say it! Get off my case, I won't say it!"
Roman smiled and started singing. "Boy, don't be proud, it's okay, but if I know you, I know what you'll do! You'll love me at once~"
"There may be something there that wasn't there before."
Virgil blushed. By now, his face was fully red, and he tried not to look at Roman, but Roman took his hand.
"Wish that I had~" Virgil continued with Roman.
"I know every mile will be worth my while, I will go most anywhere, to feel like I~ Maybe love is the reason why~"
"For the first time ever, we're seeing it eye to eye~"
Virgil continued alone.
"Oh~ at least out loud, I won't say I'm in~"
"My, oh my~"
"Love~"
They all stood there for a few seconds before Patton launched at Virgil and hugged him. "VIRGIL, THAT WAS AMAZING!!!"
"Aagh! Patton!"
"Sorry, sorry! But you guys are so cute!"
Roman and Virgil turned red, turning away from each other.
"I agree. Your relationship status is... adaquate to think about," Logan agreed.
"Roman?" Virgil muttered, not turning around.
"Yeah?"
"Can we talk? In my room?"
"Sure..." They both sunk out, and met in a few seconds.