Chapter 10 ~ Not OK

"Virgil? Kiddo?"
"What do you want, Patton?"
"Can I come in?"
"Sure, whatever."
Patton slowly and quietly opened Virgil's door. He was curled up on the couch, knees pulled up to his chest. His makeup and eyeshadow was all smudged under his eyes. Patton sat down next to him.
"Patton, please don't feel bad. You did nothing to hurt me. Ever," Virgil said. "I just felt like I didn't deserve it."
"Of course you do, buddy."
"Just like I don't deserve Roman."
"What?"
"I did nothing to help anyone, ever. I don't deserve anyone's love. Not yours, not Roman's, not anyone's."
"That's not true! You helped Thomas with so many things!"
"Maybe I did. But nobody ever appreciated it."
"I did. And I'm sure the others do now."
"Doesn't make a difference now."
"They cared before, too. Don't you remember when Roman told you how much you helped?"
"He only did that because he was pressured."
"No, that's not—..."
"Of course it's true. I'm just a fu— a screw-up that's worth nothing. I'm worth nothing and I don't deserve Roman's love or your friendship or Logan's... well, we're just acquaintances."
Roman pushed open the door and walked in to sit on Virgil's other side.
"Don't say things like that."
"Roman? How long have you been here?" Virgil snapped.
"It doesn't matter."
"It does! I care about this!" he squeaked.
Roman wiped Virgil's makeup off of his face. "It'll be okay."
"I'm tired of saying I'm fine."
Logan and Thomas emerged from the door. They sat down silently to comfort Virgil.
"I'm tired of saying I'm fine because I'm not. I'm broken and useless and a nuisance. Nobody deserves to have to deal with me." Virgil buried his face in his arms.
"Virgil. I know I may have acted... harsh towards you in the past, but I'm glad you're here," Thomas said.
"Likewise," Logan added.
"How do I know you're not lying?"
"I guess you'll just have to trust me."
A few minutes passed. Roman looked up at the others. "Can I have a few minutes alone? With Virgil?"
"Oh, of course." Patton jumped up and left, Logan and Thomas following.
"What do you want?" Virgil said, half-jokingly.
"Virgil... you have freckles?"
Virgil chuckled. "Sure."
"Hehe. Anyway... Virgil. I need to make sure you know something."
"What?"
"I love you."
"Duh." Virgil grabbed Roman's sash and pulled him closer. "I already knew that." It was basically physically impossible for their faces to get closer together without them kissing. Virgil smirked while their faces both turned red.
"I know," Roman said.
"Great." Virgil kissed him.
They stayed there for about ten minutes, kissing. Eventually, Roman stood. "We should probably let the others know we're alright."
"Oh, they're not worried. Let me put my makeup back on."
"No way!" Roman grabbed his arm and dragged him out, smirking. "Patton's gonna flip."
"NOOOOOO!" Virgil yanked back. They both fell over, and Patton ran over and opened the door. "You guys okay?"
"Yeah. We just fell over, thanks to sunshine over here." Virgil hid his face. "Oh yeah, Patton!" Roman added. "Virgil has freckles."
"What? Lemme see!" Patton grabbed at Virgil's arms. "Take your arms away!"
"Nooooooo!" Virgil got up and dashed away to his bathroom.
"Hehe. He's so cute." Roman stood up, dusting his arms off. "So, we're fine."
"Cool!"
Virgil emerged, looking like his usual self.
"So... What were you guys doing for the last 20 minutes?"
"It wasn't 20 minutes!" Virgil cried, face red.
"Sure." Patton grinned. "Tell me."
"Um, no way," Virgil muttered.
"Come on..."
"Shut up, Patton."
"GUYS!" Thomas and Logan walked up.
"Yes?" Logan asked. "Why did you call us?"
"Support!"
"What kind of—"
"Roman! What happened in the last 20 minutes?"
"Oh! I get it!" Thomas said.
"Please no." Virgil's face was straight-up red. (yeah I get it the gay jokes are comin)
"Well, no use. Leave them alone." Logan smiled.
During the next few days, Thomas, Logan, and Patton were monitoring Virgil and Roman very closely.
"Guys! Can you stop?!" Virgil eventually yelled. "We just want to be alone for once without you three trying to get mug shots or whatever!"
"Jeez, sorry Virge," Thomas said.
"Thank you." Virgil stalked away.
Roman smirked. "Aggressive today, huh?"
"I guess."
"It's fine." He kissed him. "I don't mind."