His Friend's Boyfriend's Bestfriend (Part 2)

A/N: This is the continuation of the story: His Friend's Boyfriend's Bestfriend. 
This story is entirely about ForthBeam. I don't break their ship. EVER. 

Just so it doesn't confuse anyone - the conversations in Italic are past incidents. 

______________

3rd Person POV: 

"I have that emergency surgery scheduled for the next Friday. But... yeah..." Beam talks on his phone, "... have to change the date," he continues, as he hurries towards his office room to get the patient charts to prepare for the next surgery and meet with his patient's parent. 

"En," Bem responses to the other person on the line, "Just fix it." "En" He keeps nodding his head as he opens his office door. 

The door falls close and on it engraved in bold are the words: 
BEAM BARAMEE 
Child Neurosurgeon 

"Come home early," he ends Forth's call. 

Beam goes around the table to his seat and greets the person sitting in front. "Hello, Mr. Daichapanya. I am Dr. Baramee, the one you are here to meet today. I will also be the doctor performing the operation. I have received your child's file. Before we get into the details though, I want to get the consent forms out of the way." 

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Baramee. Call me by name Kit," the one named Kit shakes his hand with Beam. "I have signed them already." He hands Beam a couple of papers with signatures on it. 

"Great," Beam replies as he goes over them. "I suppose our intern has already briefed you about these forms?" 

Kit nods his head. 

"Good. Still, I want to inform you about it. There is a 20% chance that the surgery might not be successful. The mass has grown and spread to the surrounding tissues and that is the main red flag over here. But, as his doctor, I will do my best to see we remove the entire mass without any remnants." Beam reaches out to Kit's hand. "I want you to trust us on this," he softly says. 

"I trust you, doctor. He has been through a lot of treatment options already and ... this..." A tear breaks down from Kit's eyes. "Ming believes in Mr. Jaturapoom and I believe in my husband, Ming. So, if he says you are the best option available. It must be." 

Beam nods understandingly. "It sure must have been a long journey. But, Park has made it so far. That kid has a strong will. I promise to give my best." 

Kit gives out a small smile. "I am sorry that we had to interrupt your plans. Ming was telling me about it..." 

Beam chuckles. "Not a big deal. My career can be demanding but this is something we have been very open to from the beginning. And, Ming is a good friend of Forth's. You know how it is..." he laughs. 

"...what is important to them is important to us too," Kit adds to Beam's incomplete sentence. "I can never ignore Ming's requests. Husbands can be demanding." 

They discuss for a long time in detail about Park's condition as beam addresses Kit's concerns. 

Right after just as they are done, Beam's phone pings. 
Message from Forth. 

"Give me a second," Beam excuses himself.
'Meet me at the cake shop. In two hours. I checked in with your assistant, you don't have any more cases for today. No excuses.'
"They sure can be," Beam agrees as he reads Forth's message. 

He turns his attention towards Kit. "Please feel free to call me if you have any doubts before the surgery. But, we will be admitting Park to the hospital a day before the surgery date. We need to prepare him and put him on a special diet."