Childhood Sweethearts ~Part 3

3rd person POV: 

Forth walked into the playroom that he was pointed to and looked for that person who was soon to become his ward. 
Guardian. 
It was strange to think that just a few years back he was struggling to get a hold on his life and now he is in charge of holding someone else's life. But, this didn't throw him off, in fact, he liked knowing there was someone who was depending on him. 

His eyes searched around and finally laid his eyes on him - Beam.

There he was, sitting silently in the middle when all the other kids were fooling around. Time to time, Beam would turn his head and his eyes would blink. 

But, never did he take any toy in his hands to play with nor did he approach anyone to talk to. 

He just sat there. Being invisible. 

Somewhere, it tugged on Forth's strings and his footsteps took him towards his direction. He nodded his head towards Grace who was handling the other children and without further delay caught hold of the tiny hand which lay on that kid's lap as he stared around at his surroundings. 

Just like that their both eyes met. His dark black ones clashed with the small one's pale blue ones. 

All that went through Forth's mind was one word - Serene. 

His entire mind was in peace and as the little boy looked at him perplexed, a rare smile took root on his mouth. 

"I am called Forth," he introduced and waited, even though he knew the small one didn't have a name of his own.

The pale blue eyes blinked at him in confusion but didn't put effort to struggle. After a long time, Forth thought he was dreaming a soft voice could be heard. 

"I don't have a name." The voice fell flat and held a tinge of suppressed sadness, one that has been held deep in for a long time and has gotten used to it. 

"I am your guardian," Forth said again. 

"I have also never had one before... someone I could call as my parents... or a guardian." The answer was prompt. 

"Then, from now on - you have both: a name and someone you can lean on. You have me," Forth answered as he pulled the small one into a side hug. 

"I have a name?" 
"I can give you one. Infact, I named myself too." 

"Really?" The happiness that sprinkled in those pale blue eyes touched at the deepest of Forth's soul. His head slanted upwards as he looked awaiting and eager. 
"Yes, really. Do you like the name 'Beam'?" 
The small one whispered the word 'Beam' a few times and nodded his head, accepting his new identify with ease. 

From now on, he was Beam and he had his own guardian - Forth. 

XxxxxX

"Forth... Forth! Forth? Forth! Wake up!" 
Forth rubbed his eyes, yawning. His eyes swept to look at the time and it was 4 in the morning. He usually wakes up at 5am for his training. 

But, this small one that he has taken under his wing was unexceptionally...hyper. Everyday. All the time. 

"What is it this time?" The sleep laden voice echoed from the depths of the blankets. 

"I want to go see the river. The sun hasn't risen yet and maybe we can catch the first few rays. Grace aunty told it is a beautiful place and there are fishes, frogs, worms and white water... she said it is so sweet to drink and gives superpowers -"