Ch. 2

The trio of friends was hanging out at a bubble tea place. Hana had paid for their drinks just as her friends had asked her to earlier, but she hadn't said a thing since they'd ordered. The pair were growing concerned with her strange behavior.

"What are we supposed to do?" Jeongin whispered to Minji as he nudged her shoulder.

"I don't know!" She snapped back.

They were talking about Hana as if she wasn't there. In a way, she wasn't. Mentally, she was far far away. She couldn't believe what she had gotten herself into this time. She faceplanted onto the table with a thud.

"Is she dead?" Hana only groaned in response. "Oh, she lives." A glare was what answered her next quip.

Jeongin sighed. "Won't you just tell us what happened?" Hana sat up properly, her lips in a pout. She wasn't pleased with her situation. She kept empathizing with Hyunjin. She could only imagine how big of a hit his pride took. As she recounted her story, she couldn't help but be amazed by her own stupidity.

"Wait," Minji paused to sip her tea, "so who do you have to tutor exactly?"

"Hwang Hyunjin Sunbaenim," Hana answered without a second thought. Minji started choking on her tea, a concerning reaction. Hana automatically got napkins ready for her friend. She looked over at Jeongin, expecting him to share her concern but instead, he was staring at her, mouth agape. She looked back at Minji, who had started breathing normally again. "Is there something wrong?" Her tone came out apprehensive.

Jeongin sighed. He didn't expect her to know who Hwang Hyunjin was. Hana didn't care about popularity after all. "He's one of our school's ulzzangs." He explained.

Minji gave her friend a hug and wiped away at fake tears. "I'm going to throw you the best funeral ever." She buried Hana's head into her chest and cried, "You were the coolest friend in the whole world! Rip!"

Hana pulled away, rolling her eyes. "So what? His fangirls are gonna get me now?" Her words were meant to be sarcastic. She even smiled.

"Ok, so you get the problem," Jeongin said, glad she understood. Hana was usually a little slow with social situations. Hana's face fell. They were being serious.

⭐️

The second chapter! How do you guys like it so far? This one was a little short, huh? I'm going to try to update this everyday to compensate for the length. Stay tuned!