Ch. 16

Hana carefully nudged Minji. "Ok, that's enough." She'd been glaring down Hyunjin for last minute or so. Hana understood why, but Minji was being a little too rude.

"Fine." Minji begrudgingly gave in. She held out Hana's backpack. "Carry it." She'd refused to let Hana carry it after finding out about her friend's bruised shoulder. Hana thought they'd have a harder time explaining why to Jeongin, but Minji shut down any and all of his questions with a simple, "Because I said so."

Hyunjin hesitantly took Hana's bag. "Okay...?"

"I'll explain later." Hana sighed. She turned to Minji and waved goodbye. She left willingly, but not before glaring at him one last time.

Hyunjin removed one of the straps of his bag so he could shoulder both his and Hana's backpacks. "What was that about?"

Hana sighed again. "It's a long story." She moved to take her bag back. "I can carry it."

However, Hyunjin shook her off. "And risk making her mad?" He scoffed, "Are you crazy?" Hana didn't argue further. They entered the library and settled down to study. As they were getting their studying materials out, Hyunjin interjected, "You still haven't told me why Minji was shooting lasers at me."

Hana flinched. And here she had hoped it had slipped his mind. Guess not. She fiddled with the zipper of her pencil case as she wondered how she was going to explain this. "Well..."

"Well?"

Hana pouted at him. He wasn't making this any easier. "One of your fans threatened me..." She was careful not to mention who and intentionally left out that she'd been physically hurt. The long and short of the story was that she was threatened. She didn't feel the need to go deeper than that.

Hyunjin looked absolutely exasperated. "Ugh! Why can't they just leave me alone?" His hands were messing up his usually perfect hair in frustration. "They always do this. This is why I can never make friends with girls. Why can't they understand that I don't want their attention and I never will!" His rant left Hana speechless. In her mind, Hyunjin didn't seem like the type that was bothered by the attention, but apparently she was wrong. "Who was it?" His tone was sharp, almost similar to the way Minji had snapped when she found out someone had hurt her.

Hana panickedly pushed a small stack of papers his way. "Don't you have a test tomorrow?" Hyunjin opened his mouth to protest, but she cut him off. "We can sort out whatever problems I have later. You should study!"

Hyunjin stared her down. Hana prayed in her mind that he'd drop the topic for now. "Fine." She had to resist the sigh of relief that wanted to escape her lips. He suddenly pointed a finger at her, keeping her on her toes. "But, don't think I'm going to forget."