Ch. 7

Their order came. Hyunjin was still apologizing. He was worried he'd overreacted. It turned out that the two servers were his friends Jisung and Yongbok, who actually preferred to go by Felix and that Felix was just teasing. Hana assured him she was fine, but he could tell something was off. She seemed to be spacing out more than usual. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Hana nodded in reply. "I'm good." She'd just never seriously thought about romantic relationships and now, she wondered about herself. For some reason, she just couldn't imagine herself in a relationship. It's not that she didn't want a boyfriend; the opportunity just never presented itself. Being called Hyunjin's girlfriend made her wonder if she'd ever find someone she likes and if she'd ever become anyone's girlfriend. She wondered if something was wrong with her. She knew she wasn't normal, but she always figured love was something that came naturally to everyone. Apparently, she was wrong. Despite her deep thoughts, she found it a little funny that Hyunjin had been so flustered.

They finished eating then got to studying. Hana wasn't in the mood to study too so she stuck to being a tutor today. She was quiet, so quiet that Hyunjin couldn't concentrate. Felix felt guilty. He'd totally messed up. Hana was supposed to be Hyunjin's ticket to passing Math. He went over to talk to her. Maybe he could make it up to her. He pulled up a chair and attempted to make conversation. Before he could even try, her phone started ringing. She whipped it out without so much as a glance at Felix. She hadn't even realized he'd joined them. Chan was calling her. "Yes, Oppa?"

"Where are you?" It was unexpected, but not surprising that Woojin was actually the one on the other end of the line. As Hana spoke with Woojin over the phone, Hyunjin and Felix were having a conversation with their eyes. Hyunjin was trying to shoo him away, but Felix was insisting on apologizing.

"Sorry," Hana sent her senior an apologetic smile, "I need to get going." Woojin had demanded she come home within the hour or else he'd do... something. She knew he wasn't going to do anything, but she was tired anyway so she willingly agreed to his demands.

Hyunjin rushed to put away his things as well. "Should I walk you home?" Hana shook her head. She wanted to think by herself for a little bit more.

Felix forced Hyunjin onto his feet. "He'll walk you home." His words, although desperate, left no room for arguments.

"Suit yourself." Hana shrugged and walked out. She didn't bother looking back.

⭐️

Another update! If you guys haven't already noticed, I'm trying to build up the story slowly so I'm sorry if you guys think it's too slow. Let me know if it is 😊