Ch. 14

Hyunjin, Jeongin, and Hana finished up much earlier than usual. Hyunjin and Hana usually studied until it got dark, but because they were outdoors, they had to stop before the sun set. Much to Jeongin's disliking, Hana decided that Hyunjin would walk her home. The two were headed the same way and Hana insisted Jeongin go home while the sun was still out. That was how Hyunjin and Hana ended up awkwardly walking home together. Hyunjin felt a strange restlessness. He didn't like how quiet it was so he begun talking. "So how long have you known Jeongin?"

"Since I was ten..."

"Wow, around eight years then."

She nodded in reply. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you he'd be joining us."

He shook his head and gave her a reassuring smile. "It's cool."

"I'm sorry about Woojin Oppa too." She continued. "You must've been flustered."

He chuckled to himself. "I guess I was a little confused."

She grimaced. "He's," she paused, trying to find the right words, "a little overprotective." That was an understatement, but she didn't want to scare him.

He ruffled her hair. "You're so small and cute. I'm sure a lot of people want to protect you."

She pulled away to fix her hair and looked at him confused. "I guess Minji, Jeongin, and Chan Oppa are all protective of me in their own way..." she mused.

He was surprised she didn't understand what he meant. "I meant you probably have a lot of guys eager to date you."

She paused to think. Were there? If so why hadn't anyone approached her before? She simply shrugged. "I wouldn't know about that." Her tone was subdued and left Hyunjin wondering.