Part 7

Yaz's POV
I lie on my bed in the TARDIS, reading a Dickens book from the library in my PJs, I sigh and swing my legs off the edge of the bed and place them on the floor, there isn't much sense of night and day in the TARDIS but I know everyone is asleep - Everyone but the Doctor. I can hear her tinkering away at a control panel in the console room. I follow the soft mechanical noises and swing around a door way leading to the room where shes working. I walk closer to the control panel and watch her, she's lying underneath it messing with wires causing sparks to flash across her face, lighting her up in a way that makes me fall in love with her all over again.
"Hey you" I say leaning against a panel, she sits up quickly and bangs her head, I giggle and kneel beside her and put a hand to her head, she smiles and takes my hand in hers and squeezes it, bringing it to her warm lips and kissing it softly. I look into her eyes then down at her lips. She grabs my face with both hands and pulls me closer, slamming her lips into mine and kissing me passionately. My heart heats faster and the butterflies in my stomach explode and we pull apart slowly.
"This is like a dream" I say, scarcely louder than a whisper, she smiles and strokes my cheek with her right hand.
"How's your arm?" I ask, taking hers in my hands and checking the marks, they're healing nicely but they're gonna leave a scar.
"Fine, the pain has subsided mostly, just occasionally it'll sting" she says, I purse my lips and kiss her again.
"We should get some sleep, wouldn't wanna be tired for whatever adventures await us tomorrow" I say, she beams and stands up, taking my hand in hers.
"Hey, would you want to sleep in mine? If you want, it's okay, you probably don't" she says, "stupid" she whispers, I smile at her awkwardness and swing our arms.
"I'd love to" I whisper, she smiles wide and turns around, still holding my hand she leads me down the orange tinted hall.
"I've never seen your room" I note, she shrugs.
"Guess I don't use it much, I'm always busy, my brain is always filled with stuff, so much stuff I can't focus on sleep" she tells me, we walk down to a large circular door. She swipes her hand across the metal and it slides open with a hiss, I gasp and step inside. The room is slightly orange like everywhere else and wild flowers grow and hang from above, the bed is built into an alcove in the wall, crystals similar to the ones in the control room string across in different patterns, lit up orange and yellow like fairy lights. There are books and clothes cluttered around, some extra stuff we bought in the charity shop like cheap wigs and pirate swords litter the ground, I smile remembering the old times.
"Sorry it's a mess" the doctor mumbles, kicking a pile of books out of the way.
"It's... Beautiful" I say looking around, the doctor grins proudly.
"Has it always been this way?" I ask, brushing my fingers over some flower petals.
"Not that I can remember, the TARDIS changes when I regenerate - can't remember what it used to look like but it always mirrors my personality" she replies flopping onto her bed. I smile and do the same. The cold creeps up my shoulders causing me to shiver and curl under the warm sheets, she joins me and cuddles up. I rest my head across her chest and notice something as I lie in silence, her heart doesn't sound right...
"Doctor, your heart" I exclaim sitting up, she purses her lips.
"Oh, right that. I have two hearts, you knew that didn't you?" She replies, it's true I did know but I've never heard anything like it.
"Yeah I just - didn't expect it. Sorry" I answer lying back down. She strokes my hair as I slowly doze off, listening to the sound of her hearts lulling me to sleep.

The Doctor's POV
I lie in bed, Yaz cuddled up to me and I stare up at the ceiling, I find myself drifting off to sleep, it's easier than I remember, maybe it's because of her...

Im running down a corridor that goes on forever, chasing the distant screams for help echoing in my head. Tears stain my cheeks, I can't stop. I have to get to her. Finally a door comes up at the end of the hall, I push it open with my shoulder and trip through, I look up and see Yaz shackled onto a wall, her head hanging.
"Yaz!" I shout, dashing to her side lifting her head, her face is pale and two fresh puncture marks are noticeable on her neck.
"Yaz? Yasmin!?" I gasp, trying to shake her awake.