part 20

This chapter is dedicated to @edithwinters
thank you for your support!!

The Doctor's POV

"Yaz seems nice" River smiles, leaning against the TARDIS bannister.
I look up from the dials I was twiddling with and beam proudly.
"She really is..." I nod.
"River..." I begin, trying to decide how to start this conversation.
"You don't have to do that" River says, shaking her head and smiling warmly all the while.
"Do... what?" I question cautiously.
"Get my blessing. I can see how you look at her" She chuckles, I smile slightly.
She takes a step closer, placing a hand on my shoulder... I brush her cheek with my hand.
"You'll always be my wife." I whisper.
A certain nostalgic sadness flickers in River's eyes for a brief moment, only for it to fade as quickly as it came.
"And you'll always be my Doctor." She smiles, pulling me into a tight hug.
"Now, for god's sake go and apologize to that poor girl." River says, shooting a joke glare at me as we pull apart.

Yaz's POV
I lie in my bed in that strange state between sleep and consciousness, trying to shove away the general crappy feelings off my chest, unfortunately to no avail.
I roll onto my side, pinching the ridge of my nose between two fingers as I let out a heavy sigh.
My door hisses open quietly, I don't pay any notice and draw my hands up to my chest.
"Mind if I join you?" The Doctor's gentle voice asks, I bite my lower lip.
"Sure..." I sigh.
The mattress creaks slightly as she lowers her body beside mine, running her fingers through my hair.
"You're not reading" She notes quietly, I allow a dry chuckle to escape my lips.
"No, there are... other things on my mind." I exhale, clenching my jaw shut.
"I can imagine." The Doctor mumbles.
She lets out a sigh, and I can almost hear the guilt exiting her lungs.
"I'm sorry" She whispers, I shut my eyes.
"What for?"
"Being an idiot" She laughs shortly.
My mouth twitches with a faint smile, the sound of her laugh could cure anything.

"I didn't think it through... When we landed here it was like- like I was on autopilot... If there was even a chance I could get her back... Well, I didn't consider how much it would hurt you..." The Doctor sighs.
I roll over to face her, my eyes scanning her sad face carefully.
"I understand." I say finally, she lets out a heavy sigh of relief and smiles a little.
"Yasmin Kahn, there's no one I'd rather be with than you."
She tells me after a moment of silence.
"From the moment I lay eyes on you, I knew, you were my one. Every moment with you is an honour." She breathes, I grin, pressing my lips against hers softly.
"I love you, Doctor." I sigh, snuggling my chin into her neck, slowly drifting me off to sleep.

sorry for the short chapter guys, I'm struggling for ideas!! if you have any ideas they would be so appreciated!!