sugakookie // nostalgia within rain

I really like writing about rain and thats what the sky is doing right now so fuck you

Angst

----

Jungkook sat on his bed, looking out the window.

They sky was grey and overcast and the wind blew softly. Utter perfection.

In the tall boy's eyes anyways.

He could sit on his bed or in the window sill for hours, watching as droplets of cold water hit the window and created puddles in the grass and street.

Hell, he could probably sit outside on the roofed porch watching the same spectacle.

He could relish in the cold air and water falling at an increasingly fast pace from the heavens.

Something stopped him though.

It wasn't the bad type of stoppage though, it was more protective.

Loving, if you would.

That “something” was Yoongi.

They both loved the rain, sometimes they'd stay indoors and the younger would lay on the couch while the older played the piano softly.

Yoongi worked wonders with that piano.

Everytime his fingers made contact with the keys, the room lit up with emotions.

Sometimes sad and dull, other times joyful and bright. It was perfect.

“Hyung, do you wanna go sit outside with me?” Jungkook asked the man that just sat up in the bed next to him.

He rubbed his eyes. “What do you want this ear- oh.” The older started to complain before he noticed the water pouring from the sky. “Let's do it.” A smile spread across Jungkook's face, earning a smile from the shorter in return.

They both quickly got dressed in clothes suited for sitting in each other's company in the middle of a rainstorm.

Yoongi intertwined his veiny fingers with the younger’s. They stepped outside and sat on the steps of the porch.

“I could sit out here for years with you.” Jungkook said, resting his head on the older’s shoulder.

He smiled and held his hand tighter. “I bet you could.”

Jungkook lifted his head up and made eye contact with the older, both smiling like the love-sick fools they were.

“I love y-”

Jungkook woke up abruptly.

His brown eyes filled with tears faster than a speeding train.

He held his head in his hands as his body wracked with sobs.

He almost didn't notice the sound of the thing he now dreaded over his loud sobs.

Jungkook glared out the window with a stare that could probably kill whoever wasn't suspecting it.

The sounds he used to love were now nothing more than sounds. The sights were reduced to memories and the feelings reduced to nothing.

He was gone.

It had been three years and he still wasn't over it.

Jungkook thought he'd be over it by now but he wasn't.

He was so pathetic.

He tore his eyes away from the bed sheets that now had large spots that were wet with his tears.

It wasn't even cliché how he died. It was something so completely stupid it was laughable.

He was driving, not recklessly he was actually quite a good driver, and he got hit.

Then his heart stopped beating after he'd been drained of all the blood in his small body.

Jungkook was about ready to scream and collapse into another puddle of tears on his bedroom floor.

Everytime he as much as looked at the spot next to him on the bed or the piano in the living room he cried for the rest of the day.

The amount of times he thought about ending everything right then and there was unhealthy but he never had the heart to do it.

Something was stopping him.

It was still Yoongi.

He needed to live for him and preserve his memory. He started to take the piano up about four months ago even though whenever he tried played he'd end up crying.

He got up from the bed and stared at the piano.

He brushed his hands over the monochrome keys, eyes welling with unshed tears again.

Jungkook sat down and started playing one of his favourite songs from an anime he and Yoongi rewatched an embarrassing amount of times.

Kimi no Na Wa, was the film.

He pressed down on the keys softly as possible, playing the beginning of ‘Mitsuha's Theme’ before crying into his palms again.

“I love you, Min Yoongi.”

----

I have less than no clue where the fuck this idea came from but I wanted to make myself sad and I did so like

I guess that worked?????

I dunno I haven't been feeling especially great the past couple of weeks and I'm not going to whine about it because I'm not 9

Anyways hope you f u ckers had a half decent Thanksgiving, nothing really interesting happened at mine except for my baby cousin AJ trying to eat my finger multiple times

There's a bad picture featuring, my arm and my phone's shitty camera!!!1!111!!

This note is too long so see you in the next chapter of whichever book I decide to update next

Word Count: 840