namkook // please apologise

TW;; MENTIONS OF ABUSE

If you vet triggered by that don't read this, if you do, don't complain because I sure as hell did warn you

----

Jungkook laid on the floor of his shared room with Namjoon.

His chest went up and down unsteadily along with his shaky breaths. His hands slowly went up to cover his ears, although there was no noise except for his own his hurshed sobs and uneasy breaths.

He didn't want to leave but Namjoon would be home soon and he didn't want to get in his way.

The older was so unpredictable these days and it scared Jungkook. A lot.

Sometimes he'd come home irritated and would end up getting mad at Jungkook for simple things that were easily fixable or he'd break something.

Sometimes he'd come home absolutely wasted and either pass out on the couch or hit Jungkook if he was mad enough.

When he was drunk he never remembered anything afterwards so he didn't have to know what he did.

He didn't need the guilt of hurting him piled on top of the stress of his work.

He'd be fine.

Jungkook's brown eyes widened when he realised something.

The dinner he made is probably cold by now and Namjoon'd be home in god knows how long.

Soon? Probably.

He forced his tired body up from the floor and dragged it to the kitchen.

In one of the three non-stick pans they owned, one sat on the stove filled with homemade rice resembling something you'd find in Japan as opposed to Korea.

Jungkook really did love Japanese food.

He sighed and turned the heat back on to warm it up quickly.

Once it wasn't as lukewarm as it was previously, he set the table with placemats, one small bowl of kimchi per person, a bowl of the fried rice, a few small slices of sashimi from the fridge, and a set of chopsticks per person.

He quickly walked back to grab cups and filled them each with iced water.

Good enough. He thought to himself.

He sat down and the door was opened rather harshly.

Jungkook's head snapped over to the door, rather fearfully, and quickly inspected his boyfriend who'd just walked in.

He didn't look drunk.

That was probably the only good sign he found.

He placed his hands in his lap and looked down at them while Namjoon walked to the table to join him.

He glanced upwards quickly only to notice how irritated his partner looked. His eyes snapped back down as he waited for him to eat before he could even lift his chopsticks.

Namjoon sat down after walked around and mumbling angrily over something Jungkook couldn't piece together.

The older picked up the utensils and began eating. “What'd I tell you about serving me cold food, Jungkook?” He questioned rather aggressively.

The younger's eyes began watering but he tried his best to ignore it. “I-It w-wasn't c-c-cold when I checked i-it.” He spat out quickly.

Namjoon only seemed to get more irritated. “I didn't ask about when you checked it, I asked you a question that you avoided.” The older man growled.

It's okay, he's stressed. It'll be over when he has less work. Jungkook told himself.

“I-I c-can warm i-it up for you.” He suggested and got up to take the bowl over to the microwave.

He grabbed the bowl nervously and put it inside the microwave for about 30 seconds and placed it back on the table.

“I'm sorry.” Jungkook apologized quietly.

Namjoon hardly picked it up but nodded when he did. “‘S'okay.”

While the older was eating, Jungkook was shaking slightly, too scared of being harshly criticized to even look at the food he'd made.

Maybe that's why he'd been so thin lately.

He never ate anything he cooked if Namjoon didn't like it or said anything remotely bad about it. He probably wouldn't be eating tonight either.

All he really wanted to do currently is sit somewhere alone and cry until he passes out.

Probably the bathroom.

“A bit too salty.” The older man replied and Jungkook's first response was to apologise more times than necessary.

“I'm going to go to the restroom.” He mumbled after apologizing.

The grabbed all his bowls and utensils and dumped the contents of them in the garbage bin, placing the dishes in the sink afterwards.

Namjoon noticed the younger's behaviour and was surprised when he threw all his food out.

This hadn't happened before, had it?

No. His little Jungkookie would never throw all his food away like that, would he?

As more time passed, Namjoon realised how he'd been acting the past three months or so. “Oh god.” He buried his head in his hands as he thought about all that happened recently.

He shouldn't have let all his stress get to him like that. Jungkook absolutely did not deserve what he'd done to him.

He walked to the bathroom only to hear small cries which made him feel absolutely awful. “Hey, Ggukkie. Can I talk to you real quick?” He spoke softly to the door.

His response was a couple sniffles and the sound of shuffling.

Jungkook was having a nervous breakdown. What if Namjoon didn't want him anymore? What if he was gonna yell at him again? Oh no no no no n-

The decided to open the door and was greeted with that soft smile that his boyfriend often showed him.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. “Ggukkie, I'm so so sorry. Hell, sorry can't even describe how I feel. You didn't deserve what I've done to you, pretty baby.” The taller said softly.

Jungkook's doe eyes widened. “You mean it?” He asked. The older man replied with a warm smile and a nod.

“Come on baby, let's go to sleep.” Namjoon suggested, earning a tiredly lopsided smile from his favourite bunny boy.

“Wanna go hang out and buy some taiyaki tomorrow, or do you wanna stay here and binge the third season of My Hero Academia for the fourth time?” Namjoon asked the tired boy. “Hmmmmmmm, taiyaki.”

“Goodnight, my sweet boy. We'll go downtown and get some taiyaki just how you like it.” Namjoon kissed his forehead and fell asleep next to the smaller boy, both smiling lopsidedly and tangled in each other's limbs.

----

Okay so I wrote this in like an hour which is a record so far because writers block wants me fucking dead

I've been trying to work on a chapter for my other book and it's been in progress for like two months now and it's bothering me that I can't write it

I've been feeling pretty shitty just kinds in general lately and I have a feeling my mom's gonna take me to get possibly diagnosed with some shit or smth idk

Thanks for reading and I'll get something out whenever I get an idea or a request

Word Count;; 1165