Rack - Sober

Jack has a rare disease called Acanthamoeba keratitis which is an eye disease where the bad thing tries to eat your eye. Jack got a new cornea and everything seems to settle down, but then he comes back to school and it didn't happen how he imagined it to be.

First day of school:

"You call me when you feel some sort of pain or something weird, right?" He nodded, took his bag and got out of the car, into the school building. When he entered his first class, nobody seemed to notice the Irish boy except his friend Rye Beaumont. Rye happened also to be his first and hopefully last crush. What the young boy didn't know is that, Rye had the same feelings for the same amount of time.

Jacks POV:

When I saw Rye, I smiled and ran towards him to give him a big hug , not noticing that people were staring. „You're back Jackie, how are you? You alright?" I nodded and saw them now looking at us but not saying a thing. Like I'm a stranger they don't know.

A few weeks later:

Rye and I got even closer than we were before. Yet everyone else kept ignoring me like I was some invisible joke. It hurt seeing that no one cares about me anymore. Like I'm just a piece of air. I sat on my bed texting Rye about some homework when Rye called me.
R: Hey Jackie, I had to call you and I know you're in a bad state at the moment but I want you to know that I'm here for you. I was afraid to think certain things about you, afraid to admit that what I feel about you makes me actually happier than anything else. I'd give up doing free running if it means I could be with you. I love you, Jack Dandruff.
J: Rye...
I don't know what to say except I love you too. I can accept the fact you'd do anything for me but I don't want you to. I'm not worth it.

R: of course you are ba-Jackie and I'll come to you, ask you to be my boyfriend, you'll say yes and we can work out how we can increase your selflove.

J: I'm alright with that

3rd pov:

After that call, both lovers spent everyday working on Jack. Rye had some magic working on Jack that he didn't quite understand. Rye made him so happy and excited that he didn't care about people ignoring him. Even teachers noticed how happy he was and this boy brightened the day for teachers cause he was willing to learn things and he still smiled and giggled about jokes or just about stuff they learn in class. From the day Rye got his prince, he kept him so happy, he never thought about hurting himself or dying ever again. Except for when they were old and still happy.