Distance 🌫 Shouto Todoroki

Distance by Christina Perri

Y/n's quirk- mother nature, can control wind, water, and earth.

Drawback- dirty clothes, arms, legs, face (basically anything that can be covered in dirt) and ruffled hair, choking on water sometimes,

Your POV
I stared lovingly at the sleeping boy on my lap, The soft breeze hitting my face.
Shouto and I always stayed at this flower field with an enormous tree in the center along with a swing tied to one of its branches.

We were currently resting up against it, both exhausted from playing. Across the field, numerous kinds of flowers and grass.

It was a calming sound to hear them rustle every now and then, The sweet melody of the birds and the warm touch of the sun against our skin.

The sun is filling up the room, and I can hear you dreaming.

I looked back at Shouto, his soft hair, a ruffled mess on my lap. I smiled softly, but it faded when I remembered what I was trying to forget last night.

I sat on my bed wiping my tears away, I can't fucking believe it.

My parents and The Todoroki's planned this whole thing out, they wanted Shouto and I to be friends. They were hoping we got along well enough to be each other's suitors, not to get anything wrong, I love Todoroki, more than a friend even! But I didn't want to force him into something he didn't want.

Worst of all, HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW. I wasn't supposed to know either, I just overheard my parents talking.

He doesn't love me. Especially when he finds out his father's intentions, He was picking quirks yet again.

Do you feel the way I do, right now?

I couldn't help it, I knew this wasn't ok. I knew falling in love wasn't an option. How did I choose it?

I wish we would just give up, because the best part is falling.

I couldn't choose, should I be selfish? Should I stay for him? Am I good enough for him? Does he love me back? How could he though? It's not like he has a choice.

Call it anything but love

His eyes fluttered open as he let out a soft yawn, sitting back up as he tiredly rubbed his eyes. The same bi-colored eyes I fell for.

"What time is it?" He asked tiredly, "Almost 8, why?" His eyes widened slightly, "I'll be having dinner with my whole family tonight, I'll have to get going, you should too, It's not safe being alone in the dark" He stood up and walked away.

I stared at him as he got smaller and smaller, and smaller out in the distance.
I'll just have to keep this one to myself.

I'll make sure to keep my distance, say

"I love you"  I whispered quietly to him even if he was miles away by now.

When you're not listening

I stood up and brushed all the dirt off of my short silk dress, It was one of my favorites.
I carefully stepped off the small hill I was on and walked out of the field. I couldn't bear to see Todoroki with another girl, But I couldn't imagine Todoroki with me.
He deserved much better, "If he did find someone though, I hope it was someone beautiful, strong, kind, and loyal. Someone to make him happy, happier than I made him"

How long can we keep this up, up, up?

And before I knew it, after a lot of deep thought, I made it back to the UA dorms.