Chapter 7

I breathed heavily. 36 points. I switched off a last robot. I think that'll do. How much time has even past. I looked at my stopwatch and cursed.

Shit it's only been 3 minutes. Way to be discreet El, seriously. I stopped looking at the mass of jumping and screaming participants looking for points or just literally bashing the robots*cough* Bakugo.

I sighed. Should I get more. It seemed like everybody only just made it to a two digit point number. If I stop now will I look ridiculous. Nah..

I just ran around eyeing the other participants. Wow they were all so impressive and cool. I was nothing compared to them.

There was a shout behind me and suddenly a explosion. I jumped back turning towards the commotion.

A familiar blonde stood there in a mass of crushed robot.

"Hey dumbass! Don't you know these things attack you?!", Bakugo screamed at me, " I can't save your sorry ass all the time!". And then he left hitting his explosions on another victim robot.

I stared after him, did he hit head? Was I hallucinating? Why would Bakugo save me after what happened... I stared after his blonde head in bewilderment.

Oh well I better get running and this time keep my eyes open. I'll have to thank him later.

Suddenly the thought of Izuku came to me. I'd been so busy racking up points I completely forgot about him. I searched around for the dorky green haired boy.

"Izuku!", I shouted just before I spotted his shaking and nervous figure.

He was running not even listening to what exactly was happening. I walked towards him wary this time and then I heard a scream.

"It's the zero point robot!", and boy did I not expect the loud crash that came about behind me. It was too fast for me even to think to activate my quirk.

A bolder crushed my leg at an incredible speed. One minute I stared after my friend and the next I was face first in ground.

I cursed hoping it looked less painful then it was. There was little time to even think though because the giant zero point monster stood right above me ready to crush me.

I read stories about kids dying on this exam but it was usually due to heart attacks or over using their quirk. I guess I'll be the first to die this way if I don't activate my quirk.

I activated it, trying to push off the bolder with little success. I was going to die. I could see the headlines in my head. Kagarashi's niece who inherited his quirk died in UA's practical exam. A curse or blessing?

No no no no no. Not today. Not ever. I was hyperventilating and before I knew it the clock was ticking.

I heard a scream rip through the air my head snapped up to where it came from.

"Izuku!?", I stared shocked at his figure that bolted right at the robot through the sky.

He was gonna waste his time. We only have so little time left. This is all my fault. Izuku won't pass...

Images of his nervous face and his look of determination while training sped through my head. I'm going to ruin his chances of ever being the hero he wants to be. I don't deserve to go U.A.

He pulled back his fist, crushing it into the robot. It was like a blast of light as the robot was left destroyed.

"Amazing..", I whispered mesmerised.

And then his body fell. Limp and frail, his arm and leg clearly crushed. I panicked if he falls from that height then - then he'll die! I need to stop time just before he falls.

It was risky but after all the training I could do it. I breathed in relief when I saw his body a lucky foot above the ground.

I looked at the bolder. I don't care if I loose my leg.If Izuku's life is on the line then I don't care. I pushed it off with all my strength not caring of the pain it caused my leg. Well... trying not to.

I managed to get it off, ignoring my bloody leg as I limped over to his body. Alright, I can do it. I just have to grab him and hold time at the same time. It was hard mostly because I thought that was the only flaw in my quirk compared to my uncles however I was wrong. I just needed to not let my emotions take over. Mostly fear.

I got on my knees in front of Izuku breathing deeply until an empty feeling encompassed me. All emotion left my face.

I grabbed him gently and his body limped in my arms and then time started. I breathed of exhaustion and relief. We both could have died.

I didn't notice the crowd or that Izuku stared at my face with the same relief and a tinge of something else.

I finally stared back at him placing him on the ground, I smiled shakily as a traitor tear slid down my face falling on his cheek, " we both made it". And then I looked at my leg and winced.

" That's gonna leave a mark", I muttered.

He chuckled, "same".

Wincing again when I noticed Izukus burns. He's alive which is a relief but how long will that take to get fixed?

My answer was given sooner than I would've thought as an old lady suddenly strutted through the crowd.

But I found myself resting my head on my good knee. I felt a headache surface. She came by and consoled me.

She then alarmed me by giving me a kiss however my wounds healed really fast. I stared at them in wonder and then at her but she already started on Izuku.

"You always manage to screw up", my head snapped to Bakugo who stared at my injuries. He looked angry and then looked at me.

I quickly answered back before he could even say anything. "Are you ok Kachan? Did you bump your head somewhere?", I narrowed my eyes at him raising a brow.

And it stayed raised as Bakugo's angry face was getting blurry and his words were barely audible, slowly everything started blacking out.

My last memory was hearing Izuku apologise softly.

"I'm sorry El. Please don't blame yourself for this".

—————-

A/N:

I really want to get to UA already with this girl but I can't go skipping important bits. Sigh..

Let me know what you guys think. Leave a vote if you think it's worth it and thanks again @BelleRose2016 for being a constant source of motivation.