Chapter 25

"Well? Ella, do you like him?" Izuku leaned in closer, lips closing in on mine but i finally melted out of shock, my fight mode finally switched on as I pushed him off me.

I was only met with the strong abs he built up during his training barely making him a budge an inch. Instead, he raised himself off me in a dejected way which only fuelled my building rage.

"W-why are you doing this to me?! I just came back a-and everyone i-is" a sob broke out of my mouth cutting of my words. "Why is everyone pushing their feelings on me in one go?..." tears trickled down my face as I recalled Bakugo's forced kiss, the revelation of that deal and now Izuku forcing her unknown feelings out of her.

Izuku's face softened as he came to my side and lifted me off my back so I was sitting upright next to him.

"I-I'm sorry..." he said as I started to compose myself, "I've liked you for a long time El, since we were kids, since you helped me stand up for myself that day" his words caused a small, sweet and sensational memory to appear behind my eyes.

Dust was all around the playground as a young boy went rolling across it. He was being laughed at by other kids around his age.

Having just escaped such a situation, my legs ran towards the situation impulsively blocking the boy from their sight.

"Why are you just taking it like that! Stick up for yourself!" I scolded him as I helped him up.

Messy green hair and black orbs that shook violently with tears, something in them was so delicate that I felt a strange feeling of protectiveness over the boy.

"Leave him alone!"

The memory ended there. The first time I met Izuku; it was the first day I moved to that place. It was the day I met my first friend.

"I don't want to overwhelm you like this but we've been together for so long that when... other people started coming along - I felt kind of... jealous" I understood him right away knowing I would have felt exactly the same. I didn't want Izuku to go off and date someone leaving me alone. It was scary to think of.

"I know how you feel" I smiled at him much more at ease than before.

"Really?!" He sprung up "then will you stop talking to Todoroki and Kachan!?" He seemed overjoyed at the idea causing goosebumps to travel down my neck.

I shook my head at him. That was impossible.

His face darkened at my reaction returning back to his original face so quickly I thought I might have imagined it.

"Then, just remember that I've liked you longer than they have", his hands suddenly grasped my cheeks gently as he levelled his head with mine. "I've known you longer and... I'll always be beside you whether as a best friend or as a ..." he paused while my face reddened in embarrassment realising that this was in fact a confession.

"I get it." I intervened covering my face, "but are you serious?" The look I received let me know he was very very serious.

A smile spread across my face widely. I was happy. So happy. And before I knew it I said the words.

"Let's go out then?"

—————-

The bustling downstairs was in full throttle as Almight started doing karaoke whilst everyone wondered who the sickly man even was. On another side of the room my dad ogled Endeavour whilst pouring him drinks to get him drunk. Though what he was planning after that was fortunately a mystery. Mom could be spotted smiling at him wearing a pristine mask covering the rage that could frighten even the strongest of men.

"He's gonna be in trouble after this" Hero mused beside me causing me to laugh.

I suddenly made eye contact with Aizawa and remembered how he had helped during that shameful moment.

I trudged over to him and opened my mouth to thank him only to be cut of.

"Don't bother kid" he said leaving me speechless. I stared at him a bit desperate hoping to get my apology to him, he carried on, "you know most people don't go through what you have until they hit their later years. Your strong, you stand tall even with the most heaviest past, not succumbing to evilness or coldness. So don't fret over one moment of weakness. It'll make you stronger" he smiled as he finished.

His words caused the negative feeling that hovered around my head to disappear.

I smiled back at him.

"Thank you, sensei. Thank you for believing in me and supporting me" from what it seemed it didn't need to be said but I had to say it because I genuinely meant it.

I talked to everyone at the from our classmates to teachers to parents enjoying every conversation. I noticed the blonde boy who sat glumly on the sofa barely taking notice of his surroundings.

I clenched my hand which twitched in his direction. I wanted to hold it off... for now at least.

————-

When the party ended there was somehow no mess. It was probably thanks to the adults who scolded anybody slightly younger than them to clean up the mess. The only person sitting comfortably on the couch while everyone else worked their backs was Almight as he was currently a sickly old man who suspiciously managed to get a job at U.A.

The moment the last guest left mom turned towards dad possessed by what could have been Satan as she unleashed all hell on him.

Thankfully, I got a message from Todoroki. I guess it was that meeting.

I frowned knowing I had much to speak about with him.

——————-
A/N:

Things have cooled down ... or have they?

Hope you enjoyed!