Chapter 9

A Free Weekend(part 2)

Derek
  I hugged her tightly and ran my hand across her back as she looked up at me with a tear stained face.
  She looked at me and leaned down and kissed me. I ran my hands down her back and lifted her up more deepening the kiss.

"Scarlett look at me" I said as she looked at me and opened her eyes and looked at me shocked.
  She climbed off of me and sat next to me

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do that" Scarlett said as I just smiled and pulled her back over to me to sit in my lap again.

"Scarlett look at me" I said as she turned and look at me with a small smile.

"Do you remember what my momma said that day when we were down there?" I asked as she nodded her head.

"Yeah I remember, but we got interrupted by what happened" Scarlett said

"My mom was gonna say 'I thought you said you were gonna have them with Scarlett', but like you said we got interrupted" I said as she processed what I said and looked at me with wide eyes.

"B-but then that would mean that...you l-love me more then just a child hood friend and...I don't know if I would be good enough for you or for them.." Scarlett was about to say until I smashed my lips against hers to shut her up.

"That's a way to shut me up, but seriously I'm being serious you...really love me" Scarlett said as she looked at me with her eyes dilating.

"Yes, Scarlett I really love you more then a child hood friend. I have loved you since we were kids, but I was afraid that you didn't love me the same" I said as she smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Of course. Ever since we were kids I love you I really do" Scarlett said

"I love you too Scarlett" I said as I hugged her tighter and slid my hands to her butt and make her jump

"That's not funny" Scarlett said as I laughed

"So that's why you were so overprotective of me around guys" Scarlett said as I just nodded my head and kissed her neck.
  Feeling her stiffen, but then relax made me smile

"Let's just finish the movie and pizza and then head to bed okay" Derek said as she smiled and turned around in my lap.
  She leaned against my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tight.
  After finishing the movie and the pizza I started heading upstairs pulling her up with me, but she held onto the rail laughing.

"Babydoll what are you doing?" I asked with a smirk

"Go ahead and head upstairs. I'm gonna pick up so we don't get any type of ants or anything" Scarlett said as I looked at her with a questionable look and then nodded my head.

"Okay, but hurry up" I said making her slap my chest and laugh. I slid into bed and plug in my phone and here Scarlett messing with something downstairs.
  I let out a yawn and roll over on my side and fall asleep hearing Scarlett start to sing.