Six

Madeleine Bernadotte

"Your grace, welcome to court" Catherine welcomes my little brother as I roll my eyes, looking at Francis and Mary who seem to be in a heated discussion.
"If you will excuse us your majesty, I believe you should go deal to that" I tell her pointing towards the pair as she scoffs and walks away.
"Does he know? About our religion, and your line of succession?" Terrin asks and we walk out of the room where the feast is being held.
"Does your superior know about you fumbling around with the village whores?" I retaliate giggling at his look of horror, he gently slaps me and I skip around the hallway.
"Touchè sister dearest" he responds grabbing me by the waist and spinning me around causing me to burst into a fit of laughter before the sound of someone clearing their throat snaps us out of our childish antics.
"Your grace, there seems to be an issue with Mary and her ladies over your and the dauphins relationship" Per informs me, holding an arm out for me to walk with him.
"And so the backstabbing and murder begin, welcome to French court brother" I mutter, tapping his shoulder and following Per to the kings office chambers I believe, I am unsure about what it actually is.

"She is tearing the alliance apart Catherine! We know nothing about her, you brought her here for some unknown reason and now the future of France is in ruins because our son does not want to marry Mary!" King Henry shouts as I jump slightly.
"She is not!" Catherine retaliates, making me slightly scared.
"You don't know anything father, you are going mad!" Francis yells at his father causing my eyes to water, not only is he defending me but he's just announced that his father is ill.
"Francis why won't you love me?" Mary asks as I scoff, how dare she? He is a man in his own right, he will give his heart to whomever he pleases.
"Because everything is about Scotland! I know your the queen but it's one country, Madeleine has five and yet she trusts them whole heartedly!" He responds as I slowly walk in.
"You whore!" One of Mary's ladies shout, I'm sure her names Kenna.
"Says the one who got into a mad kings bed last night" Mira snaps, and everyone wonders why she's my best friend.
"This isn't about me! It's about that whore who's getting in the way of Mary and Francis' happiness!" She shouts again.
"Catherine, if you don't mind I would like to go to England tomorrow. First boat out. If I am not welcome here, I shall go to my newly claimed country and continue my rule" I state causing them all to gasp, Francis included.
"Will you wed?" She ponders.
"The king of Russia offers me more, as I rule all of Scandinavia, and almost half of Europe. An alliance with Russia will provide me with more benefits than France. My heart belongs in France but I must marry for the good of my nations" I state bowing before walking towards the door. I get almost to the door before I get dragged to the floor.
"England is mine!" Mary growls in my ear, and yet another drama occurs.
"Mary, leave me be" I whisper as she attempts to start a physical fight. Much maturity for a queen.
"Mary get off her" Sebastian shouts, maybe I'm going blue again.
"England wants a Protestant, I am Protestant. I will reign and rule England and I will take your head the second to step onto English soil" I threaten before everything goes dark.

"Stay with me, please stay with me, my love"