Sixteen

Madeleine Bernadotte

"Mothers dead, let it go. We sent the body to the chapel and we cannot see her anymore as we must move on" Terrin informs us, yet again. It does become quite boring after a while but with Elizabeth and Mary both laying claim soon we need to move quicker than we already are.
"Madeleine, will you lay claim to the English throne?" Linnea asks me as I look down at my growing stomach. It's quite large now, it's been some time since the incident with Henry and the announcement of Francis and I so I am well into my pregnancy.
"If I do lay claim, the Vatican will support me as I am pregnant and married. But, I have not converted to Catholicism yet so they won't support me being on the throne. It will be Francis they support." I inform them as we all sigh.
"What about me? I'm a Catholic and a man" Terrin pipes up as I look at him suddenly standing and walking over to him.
"If you lay claim, the Vatican will support you and you have the backings of not only our own countries but France as well" I tell him taking his hands in mine.
"What if they don't accept me?" He asks, looking deep in my eyes.
"Then I'll lay claim, Elizabeth is our aunt yes but in this time family do sometimes marry" I say but shudder at the image of our parents union.
"Actually no, your already going to take one of my thrones if my child is unable to. Elizabeth will take England in my place but I will remain queen. She will go down as history as queen, but I will remain the rightful, true queen" I tell him, putting my pinky out to him.
"Pinky swear" I tell him as we lock pinkies.
"Bite the thumb" I tell him as he laughs at my childish antics whilst staring at out locked hands.
"Bite the thumb!" I yell, mood swings taking over as he bites his thumb causing me to smile.
"Sorry for intruding, but might I speak to my wife?" Francis asks awaiting by the door as everyone shuffled out of the room.
"Francis, pleasure!" I say remaining formal before bursting out into a giggle and giving him a kiss on a cheek.
"My queen, my wife. Making plans to lay claim to the English throne before your sudden rival?" He asks me, leaning over me and pushing his head towards mine causing me to smile.
"She has already laid claim but with the backing of my siblings, countries and you, I have a stronger claim then her" I inform him as he sighs and takes a seat across from me on the other seat, across the room.
"That will also mean you moving to England, away from me" he tells me, putting his head in his hands as I look intently at him.
"Francis, I am never leaving you." I tell him walking towards him and pulling him into my arms.
"I love you" he tells me.
"And I you" I tell him before pulling his face to mine and placing a kiss on his lips.
"Promise?" He tells me, holding his pinky out at me.
"Promise" I tell him, locking my pinky with his.
"Bite the thumb?"
"Bite the thumb"