Fourteen

Madeleine Bernadotte

"And the results of this test will tell me if I am with child?" I ask Catherine for the fifth time, she has to be sick of me asking by now but if we are to be at an understanding she has to deal with this.
"Yes child, now don't worry if it comes back positive we'll tell Francis together." She tells me as sigh,
"What if he's with Olivia, or Mary or Henry?" I ask tugging at my hair as time ticks on and the waiting for the doctor becomes unbearable.
"Then we'll get Bash and Mira to distract them, Mary enjoys Arema's company since you left for England they have gotten quite close" she informs me as I stare at her, I never knew that. I'm not sure I want to know that.
"Lola asked if she could be one of my ladies since I let them all go besides Mira, I told her yes." I inform Catherine as she smiles.
"Lola is a nice girl" she comments.

"I think that would be a great idea dear" she tells me as the doctor enters the room, Catherine stands and I feel myself get slightly light headed.
"Congratulations your majesty, you are with child" he informs us as Catherine claps her hands together, thanking him and getting care instructions from him before showing him out of my chambers. I am with child.
"I knew this would happen! Oh hallelujah! A child to secure your reign, your place here at court and your place in history!" She cheers as I stand.
"I have to tell Francis" I inform her before rushing out the door leaving her to enjoy the news.
Rushing through the corridors, I try not o bump into anyone. But I can't help but accidentally bump into Kenna while I was looking down another corridor.
"What it, this is a gift from the king!" She screeches causing Mary and her other ladies to rush around the corner, Arema in tow.
"Mads you're back!" She screams running towards me and engulfing me in a hug.
"Yes I am back, have you seen Francis? I need to talk to him" I tell her as Mary steps in before she can answer.
"He's in his chambers with Olivia, I know we don't get along but I really don't like her. I figure you could help with that" she snaps but still keeps a nice smile on her face.
"I'll see what I can do, Your grace. If you will excuse me I must talk to Francis" I tell them before bowing to Mary and making my way towards Francis' chambers which lie on the other side of the castle away from mine. It's a long walk but after everything comes out about my pregnancy and our marriage things should change. We just have to wait.
"Olivia I have told you time and time again and I will continue to tell you this, I am not interested in you anymore" I hear Francis say.
"You've always loved me Francis and you love me yet" a woman's voice replies as I hear hands smash onto a surface, most likely a desk.
"My heart lies with another, leave Olivia." He growls back as I lean against the wall next to the door.
"If you really want me gone, then I'll go. But don't expect me to be waiting when she breaks your heart" the woman informs him as I hear footsteps getting closer to the door, I quickly more away and start to walk down the hall.
"Who are you?" The woman's voice startles me as I turn to face her. Her hair blonder than Tove's and her complexion so fair and clear makes me want to gauge my eyes out or vomit, maybe I want to vomit because of the child I am carrying but I want to blame her.
"Queen Madeleine Bernadotte" I inform her as she bows at me, I smile smugly.

"Were you looking for someone?" She asks me as I look at her in confusion, why does she need to know?"I was talking a walk around the castle

"I was talking a walk around the castle. I just came back from England early this week but I've been busy with my countries to have a walk." I inform her as she looks at me like she's trying to read me.
"No ones allowed on this side of the castle" she tells me as I smile.
"Then why are you here? Are you a queen, Olivia?" I ask her as her smile falters causing mine to grow.
"No ma'am" she says.
"Then hey are you here?" I ask her as she straightens her posture.
"I must be going, Your grace" she says, Boeing once more and running past me away from here.
"I always knew you were feisty, I didn't know it was this powerful, my love" Francis says coming out from around the corner.
"Then you don't know me at all" I sass as he grabs my hand and guides me to his chambers.
"I heard word that you needed to talk to me" he informs me as I nod, still holding his hand.
"I've been around the castle, looking at the grounds. Some are heavily uneven and dangerous for young children, however I have heard that the sea wall has a slight slope that would be good say if one were learning to walk" I tell him looking out the window as his eyes widen.
"Your not..." he starts as I smile.
"I am, it's been some weeks and I didn't know until I talked with your mother but I am. I am with child. Our child." I tell him as he picks me up and spins me around.
"Our child at last" he breathes causing me to giggle.
"Our child" I repeat, again.
"You are with Francis' child?" A voice behind us startles me.

Henry.