Twelve

Madeleine Bernadotte

"Are you sure leaving in the dead of night before your husband is to wed another is a wise idea, sister?" Terrin whispers and I drag him down the hallway, his clothes barely on his body. Now when I say I wish I had knocked first, I really wish I had knocked first, it would have been better not knowing my brother slept in the nude.
"Are you sure not locking your door when your about to get intimate with someone your not married to is wise?" I retaliate dragging him faster down the way and into Catherine's chambers.
"Oh hallelujah, your here. Come quickly, we don't have long" she says pulling us in the room.

"What's happening? It's like two in the morning" Linnea says holding a sleeping Tove and rubbing her eyes, squinting at the light

"Your going to England dear child, you must hurry out the castle before Henry finds out. Now is the best time" Catherine informs them as I grab ahold of Terrin's hand whilst still holding Harry's.
"I don't trust Henry, none of us have gotten word about mothers passing. We must find out ourselves, if we leave now we should get there when she awakens." I inform them as Catherine nods, leading us out of the room and to the carriages where my siblings enter.
Just as I'm about to enter Catherine pulls me back and looks at me, cupping my cheek with her hand and rubbing it softly with her thumb.
"No matter what happens, I'll stall the wedding. Or the Pope will. Be safe, we're waiting for your return." She tells me before pulling me into a tight hug, I return the gesture and climb into the carriage.
"Ready to watch the world burn?" I ask as Terrin and Linnea let out a laugh and lean into Tove who sits next to me before letting out a breath.

This is going to be a long trip.

Francis De Valois

"What do you mean Madeleine isn't in the castle?" I ask Leith as he shrugs slightly.
"I went to check on her as usual and bring her some food so that she can eat without feeling Mary's death stares every second and she wasn't there" he informs me as I lean into my desk sighing.
"Go to the stables and find any information you can about what happened last night after I left her" I tell him as he bows and leaves the room.
"Francis, have you seen anyone?" Mira asks out of breath.
"The rest of them are missing as well? When did you last see him?" I ask her whilst guiding her to the empty couch.
"Madeleine came and left a note last night, it was late. Very late. She hasn't returned, I don't know where she is!" Mira explains as I stare at her. The door opens and Leith walks in shutting it behind him.
"The Bernadotte family were seen last night entering carriages under watch of your mother. One of the guards on gate said that they heard Queen Madeleine mention something about the world burning and then Terrin mention something about King Henry's fall from power. I'm not sure what they meant but they left rather quickly I would assume." He informs us as I look at Mira.

"They're going to England"

Madeleine Bernadotte

~England

"I say we let Terrin in first, he's her eldest"
"No let Tove in, she's her baby"
"Let Linnea in, she'll get the information out"
"No! We're letting Terrin in and that final, I will talk with Elizabeth whilst he is with mother then we will hear from him what's happening" I snap walking into the castle guiding my siblings in.
"Your grace, your mother is..." one of the guards begins.
"Unwell, I know. Take Terrin into her chambers, we will go see Elizabeth" I inform the guard, before ushering Terrin to him and walking to Elizabeth.
"How do you think he'll do?" Linnea asks as I sigh.
"One can only hope he does well".

Terrin Bernadotte

"Ah, dear Mary.Why art thou yet so fair? shall I believeThat unsubstantial death is amorous, And that the lean abhorred monster keeps Thee here in dark to be his paramour? For fear of that, I still will stay with thee; And never from this palace of dim night Depart again: here, here will I remain
With worms that are thy chamber-maids; O, here
Will I set up my everlasting rest, And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss A dateless bargain to engrossing death! Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark! Here's to my mother!" I say as I clutch my mother in my arms, she stirs ever so slightly before opening her eyes and placing her cold hand on my cheek.

 Eyes, look your last! Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss A dateless bargain to engrossing death! Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on The ...

"My son, I am not gone, for I am still here, breathing in so. Who tells you I am gone? Who speaks these lies as I lay here so close to my maker yet so far from the light that I may still be classed alive?" She asks me as I let a tear slip.
"For it is King Henry, King Henry of France. The Vatican tells him so and he tells us that Francis must marry Mary, the event happens today at noon." I inform her as she looks down at her lap.
"Take me to France, I must stop this union for the safety of my child" she tells me as I help her stand.
"The world is cruel mother, he will behead her" I tell her.

"And kill a monarch? Henry is mad but not enough to murder a monarch!"