Ten

Madeleine Bernadotte

"Isn't it great to be walking, sister dearest?" Terrin asks as he drags me through the gardens of court away from earshot.
"I wouldn't mind sleeping all day again but then again I feel even worse than I did before" I tell him, tugging my dress up to climb the tree in front of us.
"You shouldn't be doing that, what would your dear husband think?" He teases and laughs slightly whilst I roll my eyes.
"The papers are signed, not approved yet. So shut it before I send my personal assassin's to strangle you in the black of night and leave your body to rot in the river" I threaten, climbing higher into the tree waiting for hear him follow. He sighs before starting to climb up the tree.
"You know they'll be waiting for us at the castle" he comments as I prop myself on a branch.
"They have news I've heard, someone must be dead or Henry has finally pushed Francis over the edge and he's now marrying Mary" I say sighing and rolling my eyes. It's getting too much being at French court, Mary being at my throat over Francis, Henry being Henry, all my siblings being here running a muck. I'm tired.
"I'm tired" I tell him, finally getting the courage to tell him what's wrong.
"You can have a nap when we get back before the meeting" he tells me.
"No, I'm tired of this life but I don't want to give up all I've ever known" I tell him as he holds his breath.
"I'm tired too" he whispers, I look at him and see tears running down his cheeks. Causing me to let tears slip as well.
"We're too young to be this tired" I whisper back hugging him slightly before wiping my tears and climbing down the tree.

Terrin Bernadotte

"Why do I have to wear a cape? Why do I have to wear this stuff? What's this for?" I question spinning around trying to see what I actually look like.
"Because his majesty Prince Francis ordered it" the servant replies moving into the corner, maybe she thinks I'll hurt her.
"Please don't get scared, I'm I'm not used to dressing royal. No one is apart from Mads, we all grew up wearing normal clothes in normal environments, aside from Linnea. Please don't be scared" I tell her, giving her my hand to help her out of the corner as the door slams shut. I wonder what that was about.
"Brother"
"Sister" Tove replies.
"Better, Mads?" I ask.
"Better" she replies looking at my outfit, laughing to herself.
"Oh shut up" I respond rolling my eyes in the process.
"I cannot wait to see Madeleines reaction, she will die" she says between catching his breath and laughing more.
"Tove Amerria" I growl.
"Terrin bla bla bla" she responds as I laugh at his stupidity.
"Are you two okay in here" Bash says while knocking on the door, I nod as Tove continues to laugh.
"We're fine Bash, thank you. While your here, do I look completely stupid like I'm imagining?" I ask him as Tove laughs louder, collapsing on the chair next to her.
"I'll go get Francis or Madeleine, they'll be able to help you more" he tells me before leaving the room as I run over to Tove and jump on her.
Tove flips me over and starts to dig her elbow into my ribs as I knee her in the back, she turns herself and pins me down as I kick her in a random spot which causes her to fall off the bed and clutching the area i kicked, just as the door opens to reveal Francis and Madeleine.
"Kicked in battleground?" Mads asks and I nod causing her to laugh almost falling over if not for Francis grabbing her.
"What did she do?" Francis asks trying to keep Mads upright.
"Sibling love, anyway off topic. I feel stupid" I tell them as Madeleine laughs harder.
"You look stupid" she says through her laughs as Francis rolls his eyes.
"That looks awful, who made you wear that?" Francis asks as I stare at him.
"I was told you did" I tell him as he shakes his head, who did?
"Mary did it! She's making us look stupid which is perfect, so great" Madeleine says before going to Tove and helping her up and pushing clothes into her hands before dragging her behind the change thing to get changed.
"Now remember boys, everyone is here and everyone has someone somewhere so yeah no anger, no tears whatever Henry tells us we do not react. Not yet at least." She tells us as Tove pops her head around the thing.
"Everyone?" Tove question.
"Yes, everyone, great you can hear. Terrin, no capes" she tells us before dragging Francis out the room with a little wave. I can hear her laughing down the corridor.

No capes, she's a strange queen, and an even stranger sibling but I love her.