Seven

Francis De Valois

"It's not like she didn't deserve this, she was ruining her reputation and Mary's chance of happiness. I say good riddance if she dies" Kenna rants with a smile on her face, for once in my life I want to slap a woman. How dare she?
"With Tove sick and now Madeleine, I wouldn't be surprised if other family members become ill" my mother comments, writing along the thick paper to Madeleine's regents in her countries. She sent a letter to Queen Elizabeth in hopes that she knows something about Madeleine's sudden change of colour.
"She will live brother" Bash comments, holding Mira closer than before. I could not imagine what it's like to almost lose your best friend.
"And if she doesn't?" I ponder.
"Then your stuck with Mary and her ladies, I pray to god that she pulls through" he whispers to me as I sigh, who will watch her? I don't understand the Protestant religion but I hope someone's watching her.
I get up from my spot and wander to where my mother is sitting, sealing the letters before handing them to Madeleine's guard Per to send out to the regents and family. I sink into the chair behind her and she turns around and grasps my cheek in her hand.
"There will be an uprising Francis, your father is trying to lessen the blow with Scotland when they find out that their queen nearly killed the most powerful monarch in this time. I know that she is Protestant and I know you are worried but she will be okay. Not only does she trust her countries but they trust her, Catholics, Protestants and Pagans alike all trust her. There will be no war unless Mary steps out of line again." She quietly informs me as a tear slips down my face, she quickly wipes it away and stands. Just as she does Nostradamus enters the room.
"Queen Madeleine is awake, she is struggling to breathe on her own but she is awake." He informs us as Madeleine's ladies all run together and Hugh each other.
"May we see her?" Mary's lady Lola asks, she distanced herself from Mary and the other ladies and helped Madeleine's ladies. I do believe that she will ask to be one of Madeleine's ladies.
"She has some men with her now, I'm not sure who they are but I suggest you stand back if you do enter" he responds. What men?

What do they want with Madeleine?

Madeleine Bernadotte

"Now if we enter on the east coast we can attack the castle easier than entering on the west. however, there are men protecting Marie De Guise, order of Mary. do you still want to attack?" Terrin asks in a hushed whisper as I sigh and lay my head back.
"No, I never ordered that and I never will" I whisper back as Linnea places her hand in my shoulder and cuddles into me.
"Leave her Terrin, we don't need another civil war" she snaps, her heavy  accent lacing the words.
"Are you really bringing that up now?" He growls standing up and I sink into the bed.
"Yes I am, don't test me because if she dies I blame you" Linnea growls back.
"Shut up" I whisper as they fight.
"Shut up!" I scream as I start to shake violently.
"What's happening? What is happening?@ Catherine yells, suddenly entering the room out of nowhere.
"Terrin!" Someone screams as I see his figure drop to the ground and arm wrap around me and hold me as I scream and continue to shake. I'm sure holds rushing out of me somewhere.
"Her eyes are bleeding!" Someone screams.
"So are his!" Another screams.
"What is happening?" Someone else screams, and before I know it everyone's screaming.
I feel myself going further into unconsciousness then completely giving into the darkness.

"Stay with me, please, I can't lose you, my love".