Chapter Sixteen | Glowing Eyes

jiggle jiggle ^^

okay so I know Thanksgiving already passed but I just wanted to let ya'll know i'm soooo thankful for all the support you have given me because I've never kept up with a story until now. Usually I end up scrapping it all after about one or two chapters, but because of you all, I have felt confident enough to keep writing. So thank you <33

.

.

.

.

.

"No, no, no! Clancy, please don't touch that- Oh god." Arya raced around, trying her best to prevent the hyperactive child from messing with all her medical supplies. She lightly grabbed his wrists and pulled him away from her desk. "Thank God Sal and I aren't able to reproduce.." She muttered with a tired sigh, and you laughed quietly.

She walked over to you with her usual friendly grin. "Could you watch this little scamp for me? I swear it won't be for long- I just have so many things to do, and I can't do anything when he feels the need to touch every single object in this room."

You looked over at Clancy who wandered off to a shelf. He was trying to climb it, grasping the smooth wood as if it were the branches of a tree. It wobbled slightly, putting you on edge. "Uh, yeah. I'll try my best to distract him for as long as possible."

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Y/N!" Arya pulled you in for a quick hug before stepping away. "I'll come get you as soon as i'm finished! Please let me know if he gets out of control, though."

You nodded, "Will do." You walked over to Clancy, picking up the younger boy and yanking him away from the shelf before he ended up hurting himself.

He wriggled in your arms for a moment, a pout on his face. "I wanna play!" He whined, looking back at the shelf longingly.

You felt a little bad, but knew deep down you were just trying to keep the boy safe. "I know, but it's dangerous to mess around with things like that. It could have fallen over." As you exited the room, you looked at Clancy with an eyebrow raised. "And that doesn't sound very fun, now does it?"

"No. I don't wanna get a boo boo like you did." He shook his head, talking about your ankle which fully healed recently.

You weaved your way through the camp, trying to find an area where there was plenty of space for Clancy to roam around safely. When you turned a corner, you met with a familiar face. Josh looked between you and the kid you held against your waist as if he were a helpless toddler. "Oh, hi Josh."

"Hey." He smiled and flashed Clancy a grin. "I see you've got your hands full."

"Yeah.." You muttered, biting your bottom lip slightly. You didn't think of yourself as an ideal babysitter, but watching a kid couldn't be too much to handle, right? "Arya asked me to keep an eye on him for a bit."

"Oh, cool. Mind if I help out?" He looked at you curiously, and you opened your mouth to say yes, but Clancy interrupted.

"Joshie! Joshie!" He cheered excitedly. Looks like he answered for you.

You smiled and laughed softly. "I don't think I have much of a choice."

You set the kid down before you all moved on. Clancy reached up and grabbed eagerly onto Josh's hand like a child would with a parent when crossing the street. Josh looked your way with a soft expression. He glanced down at your hand, then slipped his free one into yours. You accepted and intertwined your fingers with his. The three of you made your way to a small clearing. There wasn't too much space, just enough so that you could keep a close eye on the young boy.