9

Jack paced back and forth in his room. His chest was rising and falling at an alarming rate. His heart was pounding out of his chest. He couldn't breathe.

Jack slid down the wall and onto the ground. He had smell tears brimming his eyes, threatening to fall. Zach was the only one who could help.

He crawled to his nightstand. On top was his rose gold iPhone. Jack grabbed the phone and quickly called Zach. His breath was getting harder to catch. The phone ringed 3 times before a groggy voice answered.

"Hey Jack, its 2 am what's going on?" Zach asked across the line. "Need you," Jack said with tears pooling on his cheeks.

"I'll be over as soon as possible, take a deep breath you'll be okay," Zach said over the phone. Jack nodded even though Zach couldn't see him.

Minutes past before Jack bedroom door flew open with Zach on the other side. Zach ran in and pulled Jack into a tight hug.

"Jack baby take a deep breath," Zach said trying to stop his panic attack. Zach wiped the tears from Jack's eyes with the pad of his thumb.

Zach looked down at Jack's clenched fists. He pulled them apart and set his own hand there. "Squeeze my hand, don't hurt yourself"

Jack began to calm down after Zach sang softly to him. They sat on the floor for hours just rocking back and forth in silence.

Zach picked Jack up and laid the sleeping boy on his bed. Zach crawled behind him and wrapped his arms tightly to Jack's torso. What did he do to deserve such an angel? Yeah, Jack had issues but to Zach he was perfect. Zach was determined to show Jack that.

-
The next morning Jack woke up to the smell of bacon. He got out of bed confused and walked downstairs. His mom was at work already so who was downstairs? He turned to see the one and only, Zach.

"Oh hey, your up! Grab a plate and get as much food as you want" Zach said pointing to the pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Jack dished himself a plate full of food. He sat down at the kitchen table and waited for Zach.

Zach sat down and they both started eating. "Thanks," Jack said in a small voice. Zach gave him a small smile back. He reached across the table and grabbed his hand. He rubbed his finger over Jack's knuckles.

"Jack thank you for calling me and not hurting yourself, I'm so happy your okay" Zach said with tears in his eyes. Jack felt bad, he made Zach worried. He didn't want Zach to be worried. It wasn't fair for Zach to cry over him.

"Welcome," Jack squeaked out. He still only talked around Zach, sometimes he would be able to talk a full sentence without going into a panic mode. But days like today he would only manage a few words.

Zach didn't mind though. He didn't expect Jack to talk to him at all. He was surprised at how fast Jack got comfortable with him. He still wouldn't whisper a word to the boys or even his own mom. To say the least, Zach felt special.

"I promise I will help you through anything you need," Zach said again. Jack nodded with a small smile. It was enough for Zach. Just seeing Jack smile because of something he did brighten his entire day. He was helping Jack.