14

Jack was cuddled in Zach's arms. Zach held him tightly to his chest. Jack felt safe. He always felt safe with Zach. Jack heard the front door slam shut. He crawled out of Zach's arms careful not to wake him.

Jack walked down the stairs confused. His mom was still at work. He walked into the living room. He saw a man standing in the room. He turned around a smirked evilly at Jack.

"Dad?" Jack whispered shocked. Jack's dad walked up towards Jack.

"Who else?" Jack stepped back. Jack's dad harshly grabbed his arms and threw him against the wall. Jack hid his face in his arms and curled into a small ball.

"Little bitch," Jack's dad spit out. Jack whimpered remembering that night. "They died because of YOU! YOU should be fucking dead! Kill yourself a useless piece of shit!" Jack's dad yelled.

His dad yanked Jack back up and started punching him repeatedly. Jack felt himself go dizzy from the pain. His dad threw him to the ground and started kicking his sides.

"Get away from him!" Jack heard a voice yell. He felt his dad stop kicking him.

"Who the fuck are you!" His dad yelled at Zach.

"Get out!" Zach sneered. "I will call the police get out!" Jack's dad scoffed and walked closer to Zach.

"Daddy, please! Don't hurt him!" Jack cried loudly. He was now sat up against the wall watching the conflict.
"Hurt me not him."

"Oh I see, he's the reason you sisters are dead? Is that it?" His dad yelled louder.

"No, I'm the reason. Just me, not him." Jack cried. Zach felt his heartbreak. He had no clue about his sisters.

His dad ran at Jack and started punching him hard in the gut. "You killed my girls!" Jack cried loudly. Zach pulled Jack's dad off.

"Get the fuck away from him," Zach said with a cold glare. Jack's dad scoffed again and left the house slamming the door.

"Jack oh my God, let's get you to a hospital," Zach said frantically. Jack shook his head no. "What? Why?" Zach asked concerned.

"I deserve it," Jack whispered. He had tears running down his face rapidly.

"Don't you dare believe a word he said. I love you so much," Zach said walking closer to Jack. Jack held his arms out signaling he wanted a hug. Zach quickly fell to the floor with Jack and held him tight. Jack sobbed into Zach's shoulder.

"I'm calling the police on him," Zach muttered grabbing his phone. Jack quickly grabbed the phone. He threw it across the room. "What the hell Jack?" Zach said confused.

"I deserve it. He didn't do anything wrong" Jack said in a small voice.

"You did not! You don't deserve any of this!" Zach said raising his voice. Jack flinched at the tone. He quickly pushed Zach away from him.

"Stop," Jack said slipping his hands over his ears. Zach watched him heartbroken.

"Baby I'm sorry," Zach said trying to move closer to Jack. Jack flinched again but allowed Zach to hold him. He still trusted Zach. He was just scared.

"Please let me call the police," Zach whispered in his ear. Jack shook his head again. Zach sighed. "Then let me take you to the hospital," Jack shook his head again.

Zach let out a sob. He hated seeing his boyfriend like this. Scared and hurt. Jack whimpered a little when Zach moved position.

"Let me clean you up then," Zach said picking Jack up. Jack whimpered again. Zach held onto him as loosely as possible.

Zach carried him to Jack's bedroom. He closed the door and set Jack on the bed. "Okay strip," Zach said going into his bathroom for bandages and peroxide.

He walked back out and Jack was only in his boxers. He had bruises covering almost every inch of skin. Zach covered his mouth with his hand. He had cuts all over his face and torso. A purple handprint on his forearm. Another one on Jack's shoulder.

"Oh my god," Zach whispered. Jack tried to cover himself with his arms. Zach pulled his arms away. Zach opened the bottle of peroxide. "This might hurt but I need to clean these," Zach warned. Jack nodded.

Zach poured a little peroxide onto a towel. He softly dabbed the cuts on Jack's torso. Jack let out a soft wince. Zach stopped for a second. "Keep going I'm fine," Jack whimpered. Zach hesitated before pressing the towel back onto the cuts. Once he was finished cleaning them he wrapped a bandage around his torso.

Zach moved to Jack's busted face. He dragged the towel on his lip and eyebrow. His eye was also busted but he couldn't get peroxide near his eyes.

Zach looked down at Jack's arms and legs. He saw the fresh cuts Jack gave himself a few hours prior. He felt a tear slip down his face looking at them. "Sorry," Jack said moving his arm away. Zach saw tons scattered across his legs too. Mostly his thigh but some on the ankle too.

"Let me clean them," Zach said crying. Jack hesitantly gave Zach his arms. Zach continued the same process over again. He grabbed another bandage and wrapped his arms and legs tightly. "Please don't do anything when I'm not around," Zach said kissing Jack's hand.

"I can't promise that," Jack whispered. Zach tackled Jack into a hug. Jack held back a wince and Zach rubbed against his torso.

"Call me, just like before. I'll always be there Jack. Don't let your dad get into your head," Zach whispered in his ear.

Jack was already thinking about what his dad said. He already believed every word he said. Jack nodded. He was lying to Zach. He was already in his head. Jack already wanted to cut the pain away again.

"Jack, I know you want to, talk to me," Zach cried. Jack nodded. Zach held him tighter. Jack whimpered again.

"I am the reason they died," Jack whispered. Zach's heart broke.

"No your not Jack," Zach said.

"You don't know that," Jack said with a heartbreaking laugh. "I'm the only reason they died."

Jack was right. Zach had no clue what happened. Jack let out a sob. He hated this feeling. He felt like he would never be happy again, even with Zach there.

"You are the only reason I'm still here," Jack whispered into Zach's chest. "I would have been gone a long time ago."

Zach cried softly. He couldn't imagine a world without Jack. "Promise me you won't leave," Zach said taking in Jack's smell.

"Can't," Jack said truthfully. Zach sobbed louder. Jack looked up at Zach. He hated seeing him sad. "Don't cry," Jack whispered.

Zach held Jack for the rest of the day. Neither of them could say a word. Zach's brainstormed ways he could be with Jack at all times. He was too scared to leave him alone. Jack, on the other hand, brainstormed ways to end his life.

~

Sorry for this chapter, I needed some drama.