16

Zach and Jack sat outside of their school. They were at lunch waiting for the other boys.

Zach fidgets with his fingers nervously. He wanted to tell Jack badly.

He knew Jack needed professional help. There was no way 4 highschool boys could help him with the amount of emotional baggage he carried.

On the other hand, he also knew how opposed Jack was to talking to someone.

"Jack," Zach said nervously. It was better to get it all out now. Jack looked at Zach. His face filled with confusion.

"Okay, you might hate me. I kind of signed you up for therapy," Zach said waiting for Jack to respond.

"Zach, I can't," Jack whispered. His hands started shaking. He mentally couldn't do it. The idea of talking to some stranger about his problems gave him anxiety.

"Jack, I want to help you. I really do. I just don't know how. I hate seeing you depressed. Just please try it?" Zach asked reaching for Jack's shaking hands.

Jack looked down at the table blankly. He hated the thought of it. "Am I annoying to you?" Jack whispered to himself.

"What?" Zach asked shocked.

"Am I annoying to you?" He said a little louder. Jack had tears welled up in his eyes. "Is that why you're sending me? Cause you're tired of me?"

"No! Why would you ever think that! Jack I love you and I want you to get better. I don't want to let you down Jack. I don't know how to handle this situation. I don't want to screw everything up. I'm still here for you no matter what," Zach said rambling.

Jack nodded. He just wanted Zach. He didn't want some 40 year old lady lecturing him about his habits.

"Zachy I can't do it. I can't," Jack said with a shaky breath. He felt his anxiety rising.

"Jack, please?" Zach begged. Jack shook his head. Zach gave him a pleading look. Jack bit his cheeks. He hated seeing Zach look sad or disappointed.

"F-fine," Jack said deflated. He knew he would never win this battle. Zach kissed Jack's hand. Jack curled into Zach's side.

"Thank you," Zach mumbled kissing Jack's forehead. Jack half heartedly smiled. Zach ran a hand through his hair and down his back.

Jack but back the fear that rose in his chest. He could barely handle talking to his small group of friends. How could he handle a random woman?

Jack wiped a tear away and took a deep breath. He had to do this. For Zach.