Chapter 10

Kendra's POV

I couldn't believe that Ryker was finally gone and that I had watched his death no less. The hospital was a short visit since I wasn't hurt anymore. They did say it looked like I had a very small crack in my leg but it wasn't anything to worry about. In fact, they said it looked like it was already almost healed. Audrey stayed with me at the hospital while Bree and Paxton went back to the resort and got all our things. Paxton already had a flight for us for that night and was eager to get back home. I still hadn't figured out how I was going to tell them all that I wanted to come back and stay with Matto, especially after everything that happened with Ryker. They would probably think I was completely nuts, but I knew that I wanted this. I couldn't explain it, but something inside me hurt when I wasn't with him. "Ok, now that we are alone missy. What happened with that very attractive man? There is something different about you so dish." Audrey said to me, as she took a seat next to me on the hospital bed. I looked at her and laughed. She was very good at reading me, that was one of the reasons why we had been so close.

"Nothing really. I mean we kissed a few times, but nothing more than that." She eyed me as I said this.

"Really? That's all? I don't buy it. There is something different about you, you are practically glowing." I smiled at her. She was my best friend and I didn't think I could keep my decision from her for long.

"Well, there is something. It is hard to explain and if I tell you I need you to keep it between us for now. Can you promise me that?" She cocked her head a little and then nodded.

"I promise. What's going on Kendra?" I played with the bed sheet in front of me nervously.

"Well, I have decided that I am moving here with Matto." She sat there with her mouth open in complete shock.

"What do you mean you are moving here? You have only known the guy for like a week. Are you crazy?" I knew that she would respond this way, but I honestly had no explanation for her.

"I don't know what it is Audrey. Since the first time I saw him, there was something that was pulling me to him. I thought it was just lust at first, but after spending the last few days with him alone I know it isn't that. I genuinely hurt right now because I am away from him. It is crazy, but this is what I want." She just sat there looking at me for what seemed like forever. I could see her mind working hard to make sense of all this. Then her expression lightened.

"Does he make you happy?" I looked at her and smiled.

"Yes, I think. I mean I have only known him for a week, but like I said it is like fate is pulling us together." She took a deep breath and smiled.

"Then I say go for it. I have always believed that when you find your soulmate you know right away. Maybe he is your soulmate and that is why you feel the way you do. Plus Ryker will never find you here." I felt a little bit of guilt hit me when she mentioned Ryker, but I couldn't tell her about that so I just played along.

"True. Plus I feel safe with Matto."

"So how long before you come back?" Audrey asked.

"Well, I have to get everything ready and packed. I also want to give the bakery a two-week notice. Mrs. White has been really good to me and I want her to find someone else before I leave." She nodded.

"So when are you going to tell Paxton and Bree?" I thought about it for a minute.

"When we get back home. I am going to make a big dinner and I will tell them then. Can you keep this to yourself till then? It's only for a day." She put her hand up at me.

" scouts honor." She said making me laugh. I was so lucky to have her as my best friend. I just hope that Paxton and Bree would be as understanding.