Chapter 12

Kendra's POV

   Today was my last day at the bakery and Mrs. White was making a big fuss over it. "Oh dear, I really am going to miss you. You have been such a big help to me." I laughed as I finished preparing the scones I was working on.

"I will miss being here too. I have loved working here. Thank you for everything." Mrs. White had actually hired Bree to replace me. Bree had decided to move in with Audrey and Paxton since I was leaving. She had still been living at home with our parents and she was finally ready to move out. "Thank you for hiring Bree. I know she will be a great person for the job." I said to Mrs. White. She just smiled at me then went about the shop getting ready for it to open. I really was going to miss this place, but I knew where my heart was and it was with Matto.

   The day was full of customers and plenty of business to keep me occupied. I was helping the last customer of the day when Audrey, Bree, and Paxton came in with my parents. I smiled as I saw them all. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I walked the customer out and locked the door behind them. My mother came and wrapped her arms around me.

"Well, we wanted to come to say our goodbyes to you and maybe take you all out for dinner tonight." I smiled.

"That would be great. Let me just go say goodbye to Mrs. White and see if she needs anything else." My mother released me from her hug and nodded. I turned to head back to the office, but Mrs. White was already standing behind us smiling.

"No need to do anything else, my dear. Go enjoy your time with your family." I walked up and gave her a big hug.

"Thank you again." She smiled and then handed me an envelope. "What's this?" I asked her.

"It is your final pay and a little bonus to start your new adventure with." She said with a smile.

    I opened the envelope and there was two thousand dollars in cash inside. I started to cry as I hugged her again. "You didn't need to do this. It's way too much." I said through tears. Mrs. White pushed me back and looked at me.

"It is not enough in my eyes. You have been like a daughter to me over the last few months and I just want you to be ok. Now go before you make this poor old woman cry more." We both laughed and I turned and walked back to my friends and family. I placed the envelope in my purse and we all walked out and down to the house. The bakery was only a block from the apartment so it gave us all time to chat a little. I went to my room quickly, not looking around and showered and changed before we all went to dinner. I was already packed and most of my belongings were already shipped. I was leaving all my furniture for Bree to use so all I was really taking was my clothes and some personal things.

    I placed the envelope of money from Mrs. White in my carry on luggage and walked out to meet everyone in the living room. "Ok, I'm ready. Let's go." I said as I entered the living room. When I looked up I saw the living room was full of balloons and more of my friends and family.

"Surprise!" They all yelled. I was in shock.

"But, how?" I caught the eye of Audrey from across the room and she had a big shit eating grin on her face. I can't believe she did all this. Everyone I cared about was here. My parents, my sister and even some of my aunts and uncles that I hadn't seen in years. Mrs. White was also here smiling as well holding a beautiful big cake that she had made. How she had done it without me noticing, I will never know.

"Well I'm hungry let's get this party started," Paxton said and everyone laughed. We all grabbed plates and walked over to the food that my parents and had brought. They had ordered from my favorite Italian place in town. Everything looked yummy and I was enjoying every minute I had left with them all.