Chapter 14

A/N: Picture above is of Kendra's parents. Enjoy😁😁😁

Matto's POV

Jace smacked my shoulder. "Hey sleeping beauty, time to wake up. We will be landing in a few minutes." I can't believe I slept the whole way. I sat up and stretch out. The plane descended and took about twenty minutes to actually pull up to the gate and start unloading. Once we were off the plane we started to walk towards the car rental counter.

"Matto!" I heard someone yell from behind us. I turned and saw Audrey waving her hands. We all stopped and waited for her, as she came running up I got a whiff of Kendra's scent coming from the bathroom beside us. I looked at Koda and he nodded. He had gotten the scent to. Audrey came up to us and wrapped her arms around me. It caught me off guard at first because we really hadn't had a chance to meet. However, I knew she was worried as well so I just hugged her back. "Thank you for coming. I still haven't heard anything. I figured I would just meet you here and you can follow me home."

I nodded at her. "That would be great. Let us go get the car and we will meet you out front." I said. She agreed and walked out front, as Jace and I headed to get the car. Koda slipped over and went into the bathroom that Kendra's scent was coming from. I stood at the counter talking with the associated when Koda came up next to me.

"Alright, Mr. Walker your all set. Here are the keys and the car is parked just to the right of the front door. It is the black mustang." The woman behind the counter said as she flashed me a smile. I smiled back and thanked her as I took the keys and turned to walk out the door.

"I found this as I followed her scent." Koda held up a light pink hair tie. I took it in my hand, as we hit the outside. Audrey was standing next to her car waiting for us. I gave Jace the keys to the car so he could go get it and walked towards her. The closer I got to her I caught Kendra's scent again. I could smell fear mixed with her scent and then I caught Ryker's scent and I had to control myself.

     Her intoxicating smell faded at the curb and I knew that she had gotten into a car at that point. Hold on Kendra, I thought to myself. Jace pulled up next to Audrey's car and I put my stuff in the trunk. "Ok, Audrey lead the way," I said as I climbed in next to Jace and Koda got in the back. Audrey got in her car and pulled out in front of us and we followed her. "Kendra is with Ryker I could smell that dog up until the curb outside. He took her somewhere in a car so keep a lookout. I doubt he will travel to far, he is comfortable in this area." I said to the boys as we drove. I heard them grunt almost in low growls. I loved my brothers and I knew that they would do anything it took to get Kendra back safely. The drive from Seattle to Spokane was long and I couldn't see anywhere that stood out as a place that Ryker would go. I felt the sting of disappointment, as we entered Spokane and came to the house that Audrey shared with Kendra's other friends.

     We parked the car and meet Audrey at the front door. She looked at the house and sighed. All the lights were on and there were some people sitting in the living room. "Ok, I guess you get to meet the parents. Kendra's parents are here it looks like. Bree must have called them." Audrey said as we walked up. Well, maybe I can get some more information about Kendra. I nodded and she lead the way in. Everyone was in the living room, as we walked in they all stood to greet us. Audrey introduced us. "Ron, Destiny this is Matto, Jace, and Koda. Matto is Kendra's boyfriend that she has been talking about." Kendra's parents smiled at me then her mother came up and gave me a hug.

"Thank you for coming. I know Kendra cares a great deal about you." I embraced her.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I care about your daughter as well. I promise we won't rest until we find her."

I felt her mother start to sob into my chest and then she pulled away and went back to her husband. Audrey introduced us formally to Kendra's sister Bree and her other friend Paxton. Paxton walked up and shook my hand but I could feel his tension. "I know that you care for her and I am hoping that you will help us find her," I said to Paxton. He looked at me and I could see the hurt in his eyes but also some acceptance.