Chapter 13

Matto's POV

I had started the long drive to the airport to pick up Kendra. I couldn't wait to hold her again. I checked the time, as I exited the freeway and turned towards the airport terminal. Her plane would be arriving in about ten minutes so that gave me just enough time to park the car and make it to the gate. I parked and head inside, as I walked in I saw a small stand with some roses. I picked up a dozen of them and paid then headed to the gate to meet Kendra. I walked up as people started to unload from the plane. I stood there for about fifteen minutes until I saw the crew walking off and they closed the door behind them. She never got off the plane. I walked up to one of the stewardess. "Excuse me. Is this the ten am flight from Seattle?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yes, sir. Is there a problem?" I didn't know if there was, maybe she changed her mind.

"Well I was expecting someone, but they never got off the plane." She looked at me with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm sorry sir, but that is every one that got on the plane. We always do a sweep before we exit the plane."

I nodded and thanked her then walked back out to the car. I pulled out my phone and tried to call her cell phone, but it was turned off. What is going on? I thought to myself. Did she change her mind? No, she sounded so excited when I talked to her this morning. Plus she was already at the airport. Something wasn't right. I sat in my truck for a few minutes watching the front of the terminal hoping maybe I had just missed her. After another thirty minutes, I knew she wasn't here. I was just about to try and call her again when my phone rang. "Hello, Kendra?" A woman's voice came across full of confusion.

"No, this is Audrey. Why would you ask if I was Kendra? Isn't she there with you?" Damn, now I knew something was wrong.

"No, she didn't get off the plane. I am sitting at the airport now." I heard a gasp come from the other side of the phone.

"Matto, Paxton dropped her off at the airport hours ago. She was so excited to be going back to you. Something is wrong."

I took a deep breath and knew what I had to do. "Ok listen to me, Audrey. I am catching the next flight out to you. I will find her. I have to go back home real quick and grab some things but I should be there either tonight or tomorrow." I could hear the fear in her voice.

"Ok, please hurry. What if Ryker has her? I don't think they have caught him yet." I already was thinking that and knew I had to move quickly. Ryker was unstable and I didn't know what he would do to her.

"I'm on my way. I think I am going to bring my brothers with me for help. We work better as a team." She agreed and said that we could all stay with her and the other two that had been with Kendra when they were here. I agreed and told her to call me if she heard anything. We hung up and I ran back inside.

I approached the ticket counter. The young woman smiled at me as I walked up. "How can I help you, sir?" I smiled back to be polite.

"When is the next flight to Seattle?" She typed a few things on the computer.

"It leaves at six tonight and arrives in Seattle at midnight. Can I get you a ticket?" I nodded.

"Yes, I actually need three." I gave her all the info and handed her my bank card. She printed the tickets and handed everything to me. I thanked her and head back to my truck. I looked at the time and realized I only had three hours to get back here. The drive back and forth was an hour each way so I had to move fast. I got on the freeway and floored it the whole way back to the resort. On the way, I called Jace and Koda and told them what was going on. They arranged our excuse for work and had everything ready for us when I arrived.