Chapter 24

One Week Later....

Koda's POV,

The pain I felt was so great. My life, my everything was lying in this hospital bed next to me and there was nothing I could do to help her. I took her hand and started to cry again. I have never really showed much emotion before I met Tenaya, but right now in this moment I couldn't hold anything back. "Come on sweetheart. Open your eyes for me. I need you, we all need you." I said to her, hoping she would hear me and open her eyes. The doctors had done everything they could and now we were playing the waiting game. It has been a week since she was viciously attacked by some sick and seriously disturbed person. Even with her fast healing, she still hasn't woken up from her coma. The doctors told us that it was up to her now.

Matto was losing his shit and I felt for him. Jace was trying to keep him together, but we all knew the only thing that was going to bring him peace was to kill Ryker and get Kendra back. The only problem was that we had no plan or enough people. Ryker's group was bigger now and we didn't have the strength to take them on. Matto has came up to the hospital a few times, but I know that he gets even more upset when he sees Tenaya laying here like this. Hell, it has taken everything in me to not just go hunt down that son of a bitch and kill him myself. I shook my head and looked back over at Tenaya. She had to wake up. I don't know what we would do without her, I don't know what I would do. She was our rock and the glue that held our small pack together. She may be my mate and wife, but she was like the pack mother and I knew that we would all be lost without her. I brought my head down to her hand and kissed it. I just laid their for a few minutes letting the tears fall. "I love you Tenaya. Please come back to us."

I felt a soft touch on my head and I quickly looked up. Her big beautiful eyes were open and she was stroking my head. "Hi my Koda bear." Her nickname for me was music to my ears. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. "Shh, Shh, now baby. I am okay. Where is everyone? Is Kendra okay?" Her questions made me laugh a little, only because of course she was worried about everyone else.

"Matto and Jace are at the cabin trying to come up with a plan to get Kendra." She looked at me with shock in her eyes.

"What do you mean, get Kendra? Who has her?" I looked away from her. I didn't want to worry her, but I knew that she wouldn't let it go either.

"Ryker has Kendra. We think he is the one who attacked you." She shook her head.

"It wasn't Ryker who actually attacked me, but I know who it was and Matto's not going to like it." I looked back to her.

"Who was it?" She looked up at me.

"It was the guy Leo that works with Kendra." I was in disbelief. That son of a bitch.

"Are you sure? That bastard has been right under our noses this whole time and we never thought twice about him." She nodded at me.

"I am sure. There is another thing to. When he attacked me I could feel his remorse. He even apologized. I don't think he is doing this willingly."

I started to pace the hospital room. Teanya picked up the glass of water by her bed and took a drink. "Koda, you have to tell Matto. Even if Leo is doing this unwillingly he still attacked me and is probably the one who took Kendra to Ryker. Wait. Maybe we can use him. If we can convince him that we can help him maybe he will help us get Kendra back." I stopped pacing and looked at her.

"This is why I love you so much. You always find the good in people. You might be on to something. If Leo is working for Ryker against his will then we might just be able to convince him to help us. Besides I think he has feelings for Kendra. I felt it that night at the club." She nodded at me.