Chapter 26

Kendra's POV,

I woke up a few hours later sore and alone. I tried to sit up but doubled over in pain. I laid there for a few minutes and tried to will myself up. I didn't remember anything after I had passed out and I was grateful for that. I finally managed to pull the sheet that covered me back and sat up. The stabbing pain in my ribs was strong, but I made myself get up and out of the bed. As I stood up and moved away from the bed, I looked down and saw the blood on the bed. That bastard, I thought to myself. I slowly walked into the bathroom and turned the light on. I looked in the mirror and was horrified by what I saw. I had bruises and claw marks going down my body. My lip was busted open and I also had a cut across my cheek. I could feel a slight pain on my shoulder and when I looked that's when I saw it. The bastard had marked me. There right on my left shoulder where everyone could see was his bite mark. It was red and looked like it was slightly infected already. I slammed my fist into the mirror and the glass shattered everywhere. I fell to the ground and started to cry. I heard the bedroom door open and shut and then felt someone drop down next to me. I could smell his familiar scent and I didn't even want to look at him. He had betrayed my trust and had put me here.

I felt his hand come to my shoulder and I pulled myself away from him. "Please Kendra, don't be like that. Let me help you." He said almost in a whisper. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"It's your fault I am here Leo. Look what he has done to me. Look what you have done to me." I snapped at him. I watched Leo look me up and down and saw the look of pure remorse and agony on his face.

"I am sorry Kendra. I didn't know what he was like when I first joined this pack. I never thought he was capable of hurting you like this." I looked away from him and whipped the tears from my face. I reached up and grabbed the bathroom sink and pulled myself up. I immediately felt the pain shoot through my body the second I stood up. I doubled over and held my ribs. Before I could protest Leo had swept me up into his arms and carried me over to the bathtub. He started the water and set me down in the tub carefully. The water was warm and felt good on my throbbing body. It stung a little as he started to pour some rubbing alcohol on my wounds.

I wanted to tell him to leave me alone, but right now I wasn't strong enough to fight with him. He started to gently wash my body and hair being as careful as he could be. I just sat there and let him. Even though I felt anger towards him for all of this, something about him made me feel sorry for him. I could sense that he truly was sorry for what had happened, but didn't know what to do. "Leo, why are you still here if you don't agree with Ryker?" I asked as he washed me. His hand stopped on my shoulder where the bite mark was. I heard him sigh.

"I have no other choice. Andres is the one that brought me. He took me in when I was lost and alone, still figuring out who I was. I owe Andres my life." He said to me. I turned and looked at him.

"So what? I may have only just met you, but I can tell that you don't agree with this. Did Andres tell you that he is the reason why Ryker is so obsessed with me? Ryker thinks that I belong to him because my father promised me to him." Leo's eyes widened and it was as if something clicked inside him.

"That explains a lot. But I can't go against them. They will kill me. They already had me take you and attack your friend." I pulled away from him a little bit.

"You are the one who killed Tenaya?" I asked with shock on my face.

His eyes fell to the ground as he took a deep breath. "Yes." Was all he said.

"Get out." I said and slowly stood up. He tried to help me out of the tub, but I pushed him away. "GET OUT!" I said again, but a little to loud. The bedroom door opened again and Ryker came rushing into the bathroom. He slammed Leo against the wall and started to punch him.