Chapter 19

Matto's POV

It has been a wonderful couple of days since Kendra opened up to Tenaya. Since she found out that she might have wolf blood running through her she has been trying anything and everything to try and call it out of her. She has been meditating and focusing all her energy but so far she hasn't been able to shift. "Uggh. Why can't I do this?" Kendra threw her hands up in frustration, as she sat in the middle of the living room. 

"Honey I can promise you that when your body is ready it will happen. How about we get your mind off of this for a while?" She looked up at me. 

"What do you have in mind?" She asked and I could already see the excitement and anticipation in her eyes. 

"Well, I have a surprise for you tonight. I have to go to work now, but Tenaya and you are going into town to do some shopping and have some girl time."

   I honestly had quite a bit of money put away since we all pitched in for the few bills we did have. The resort let us have the cabin rent-free, so all we paid was our basic utilities and food. Kendra jumped up from the floor and straight into my arms. "Thank you. Maybe this is what I need to clear my head." I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead. 

"I know you need it. Also, I have arranged a meeting for you with the head of the resort on Monday. He is looking for someone to help run the front desk and I suggested you. If you want it." She smiled big at me. I loved it when she smiled. 

"Of course I want it. I don't want to live off of you I want us to work as a team. Plus I love working with customers." I looked up and saw Jace and Koda waiting by the door. I kissed her again. 

"I have to go hun. Have fun with Tenaya today, but tonight you are all mine." I walked out the door with a big grin on my face and Jace and Koda started to laugh at me. At this moment I didn't care. I was at perfect peace and hopefully, by the end of the night, Kendra will be at peace to.

"So do you think you will be able to help her tonight?" Jace said as we got in the truck. I shrugged at him.

 "I don't know, but she needs to relax. I think with a little relaxation and some inspirational help from me she might be able to finally shift." I could hear the snickers from Koda and Jace, as we drove off. "You guys are perverted," I said to them. I knew what they were thinking, but that wasn't what I was thinking. I had the whole night planned out and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it. I dropped Jace and Koda off at the resort and grabbed some equipment. "I need to go finish setting things up for tonight. I have the walkie on me so just call if you need me. I shouldn't be to long." They nodded at me and I head out to the spot. I couldn't wait to see her face when I brought her here tonight.

Kendra's POV

    "Alright, missy go get dressed. It is time for some fun." Tenaya said to me and I jumped up and got into the shower. I was showered and changed in a matter of minutes. I guess I didn't realize how much I wanted to get out of the house. Tenaya giggled as I playfully shook my ass at her. 

"Come on. I am so ready to get out of here for a little  bit." She just shook her head and we walked out to her car. She had a nice little suburban just perfect for driving in the snow and slick weather. I jumped into the car and we headed into town. It wasn't that far only like a ten-minute drive, but as we got closer I suddenly felt a little nervous. I still had no idea where Ryker was and, besides going to work, Matto hadn't really left me alone. I looked over at Tenaya and she could see the panic in my eyes.

"What's wrong Kendra?" She asked me, as she pulled up in front of a small salon. I told myself to calm down, that I wasn't alone. 

"I'm just a little nervous. I haven't been out of the house since we got back. We still don't know what Ryker is going to do or even where he is." She turned the car off and looked at me.