.2

Neon Lights

There is a neon light at the end of the tunnel, it ain't all that bright even though it's subtle. It's got me feeling all right, go on and make it a double. There is a neon light at the end of the tunnel.

Annie's point of view

We finally did it! We finally discovered the way out.

Hayley and I were exhausted from defending ourselves for so long, but we finally did it.

This monster dropped down carrying this boy.

Another human, we haven't seen this in so long.

Hayley and I helped the struggling boy as I levitated the boy away from the monster.

Hayley made him feel better comforting him as I had to rip the monster apart from the inside out.

These monsters, specifically, were Demogorgons, they had a weird ratio of coming back to life after so long from being dead.

This was Fred, he still had the scar from where Hayley gutted him while I held him down a few days ago.

He has one more death as I almost have him again.

The familiar lightning showed from the sky signifying he was in great pain.

I got him on the ground, "Plunk," I slightly squeaked as he imploded.

Until next time Fred, until next time.

Hayley had the boy on the ground sitting up against the brick wall of the small shed we live in.

I lifted his arm where a scrape was, "What's gotten you here?"

"T-th-that monst-ter."

"That is a Demogorgon, he won't attack for a few more days, he's been killed two times before. The next time he's a goner."

"I'm Will," the boy stuck out his hand.

I shook it as Hayley turned to him.

"I'm Hayley, the brain of the two."

"I'm Annie the brawn of the two."

"How long have you been down here?"

"Not long, a couple weeks," I answered.

"Will, you're in for a good surprise, considering we just found a way out. We just have to act on it."

"I can't really defend myself, seeing as I don't have powers as you do Annie," he said with a slight frown.

"Hayley has powers too, just different kinds. Hers are mental, while mine is physical with a sight mental aspect."

"What are Hayley's powers?"

"I can dissect this nasty place better than you or Annie ever could. I can also see into your mind, how you feel and react to situations, so how are you so calm right now. I can see how you'd really react to this any other time."

"Well, I don't really know."

"Well, it's time for us to sleep as it's late, but you're welcome to join us so we can help you out in our everyday life."

"Well it was late before I got pulled down, so I suppose it is time to sleep."

You could easily tell, he was shy. That observation coming from me.

Hayley tried to help him up but she looked at me for help.

Oh my God, little Hayley needed help impressing him!

She can share thoughts as well.

I helped her lift him by lifting him with my mind.

I made sure he stayed on the ground.

We got him inside and Hayley was sending me messages praying me to not offer him my "bed".

Our beds were the blankets we brought from our world.

We were kinda needed back alive so we got to bring whatever we needed and wanted.

I sat down on my pallet as Hayley helped him get situated.

"Thank you for letting me stay with yall tonight, I mean I'm kind of a stranger."

"Well you look to be our age, so not much there, but what can I say is, we're the only humans here."

He nodded as Hayley laid down beside him.

'Go to sleep!'

I wish I could answer her back.

'Stop fighting with me and go to sleep."

I rolled my eyes and laid down.

'Happy?' I mouthed.

'Yes, now close your eyes and we need to get to work in the morning.'

I closed my eyes and wiggled my toes so I would stay awake.

A while later, I looked over at them, they were so cute.

They were cuddling.

He had his arms wrapped tightly wrapped around her.

She must have brain messaged him and he whispered back.

We've done that many of nights in the lab.

Brain message, Braille on the wall.

I could make the small indentions on the wall as she knew Braille.

I smiled as I went to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of them whispering.

It was seeming to be hours later as he was awake, seeing he had a day/night cycle.

One eye opened as I saw him peck her on the cheek.

I bit my lip as I stretched.

"She's awake," Hayley said disappointedly.

"Sorry I'm a disturbance," I said sarcastically.

"We need to work on getting out of here," Hayley said as she pulled Will up from sitting down.

I took out of the notebook from the area under my "pillow" blanket.

"Hayley, compasses."

She tossed me mine.

The compasses will pull toward the gate, getting us out.

"Here's the hard part," I started, "We don't want the gate to the lab, we want the gate to the real world so we can escape

I loaded the blankets in my bag as Hayley did hers as we set off.

We stood outside of the shed as the needle pulled towards our left.

"Let's go," I said as we set out on our right.

We set off, but I couldn't help but notice Will and Hayley holding hands.

They thought they were so sly.

------------------------------

Neon lights- Blake Shelton

Things are happening!!!

Bye lovelies,
-Rami