.5

Mercy

Baby, please have mercy on me, take it easy on my heart.

The next day our time (Wednesday)

Hayley's point of view

We were walking for days trying to find the area for the gate.

All three of us decided, let's take the next day slowly. We needed a break, after all that we've been through.

The good thing about the upside down being exactly like Hawkins is we know most of the places around.

We were going to stay in this run down version of our old "childhood" house.

See I decided we should stay there because there were beds there and all of the furniture is the same and there were enough rooms, as we thought.

We got to the houses as I noticed we were getting another call through the void.

"Hey, we're getting another void call from Eleven!" I shouted as the two surrounded me.

'Let go,' I told Will, 'It keeps my mind here and I can't focus.'

He disappointedly dropped my hand.

"Hello!" Eleven called.

'I'm here.'

"How is everything going?"

'Good, we need a day to regain strength, but other than that, everything's good.'

"That's fine, we just need to keep up with each other. I'm about to go to sleep, I just needed to know what page we were on."

'I feel the same. I'm getting drained, can I message you back later?'

"Bye," she said.

'Bye.'

"They just wanted to know how we were doing and where we were at in terms of finding the gate. She was fine with us taking a break."

"That's good. Um, I already looked, and there are only two rooms."

"So two of us share a room," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay."

"I'm going to choose my room."

She nodded her head and I walked off, Will's hand back in mine.

I got around the corner as I felt Will be pulled away from my side.

I stopped and looked around the corner.

"You hurt her, I hurt you. That's my baby sister if we make it back alive, you better not hurt her."

Will nodded his head.

"You might be innocent enough to date someone as young as her, but she's also mature enough to date someone around my age. Do not hurt her."

He nodded scared.

Annie dropped her grip from his wrist as he came back toward where I'm at.

He turned the corner as I grabbed his hand, "Don't be scared of her, I can hear her thoughts," I smirked at him.

He pulled me into a tight hug, it comforts him.

We sat down on the bed of the room as I looked at him, "I'll comfort you as long as you comfort me."

He smiled at me and pecked my cheek.

I would refuse any more than that as I'm only seven, and he doesn't know my age, but he respects me and my comfort zone, so he's really sweet for that.