.3

Better

I'm good on the side, it's alright, just hold me in the dark

Eleven's Point of View (didn't expect that did ya?)

3 Years ago 1980

I sat on the floor of the locked area crying, my only friend in this place was sent away.

Sometimes I think it's me like I'm some sort of destroyer of all, and I need to be separated from everyone.

That horrid place I could see into without being inside of it.

I had described that place to Annie and Hayley beforehand, but they still accepted the quest anyway.

I'm hoping they get all of their information and use it to get out of there.

That sickening place was hard on humans, the atmosphere itself designed to keep us out.

However, for some dumb reason, we keep poking at it like it's a project.

It will get us into trouble, and I'm hoping that is how we can escape.

Present day 1983

They let their guard down for five seconds, five seconds and I was already out.

I walked in the grass quietly as I can't be caught.

+++

I slept in this blanket fort in 'Mike's' house.

It was the first good night sleep I've had in like ever.

The next morning Mike came down to see me.

He tried to get me to walk around his house and turn myself in. I can't do that, I have too much to protect for that.

As you can imagine, Annie and Hayley have never come back, but I know they're alive, I can see inside the void.

They are trying to find the gate that is away from the lab, they know if they find that exit, they won't be needed in the lab anymore.

I've tried to communicate with Hayley using the sideways, but she never seems to return it in the form of brain messages.

Mike ended up agreeing and making his way back to the house.

After hours upon hours of him trying to gain my trust so I could help, I decided I had to help him.

I had to tell him, I could see 'Will' in the upside down, he was hanging out with Hayley.

After a long waiting of him gaining my trust, I was finally comfortable with him and I shared everything.

Everything about the lab, the upside down, Annie and Hayley, and how Will factored into it.

Even as the other two boys didn't believe me, Mike did and that seemed to be enough.

We had to figure out how to communicate with them, and that would be the easiest out of everything we need to do.

Mike and I were the two main working on this.

We tried everything two kids could do.

"Fine, I guess we have to go to his mom."

I shook my head, "No."

"El, we have to. We haven't found another way. It might be all we have, and even if she doesn't know how to communicate with him, she at least knows we are trying to help."

I was completely wrong about everything with new people.

Will's mom thought of me as a person, not a weirdo. I liked his mom, she was nice.