-Chapter 18-

After the ultrasound I felt giddy. I felt like I needed to tell the world, but the world doesn't need to know so I settled on telling Micheal. He was ecstatic that Jonas was willing to help. He told me he'd do what he could to make sure people don't know so I could stay.

The next thing I decided was that, I was going to tell Francis and Lilith. I trust both of them so I feel like they need to know. We gathered everyone together, like a meeting. I said it would be fine with the three of us, but Eliegh insisted everyone should be there in case something goes wrong.

"Okay. So Um, Francis and Lilith. You know how Eliegh and I were chosens? Well we were kinda sorta taken and stuff.. Long story short I'm uh, pregnant?" I couldn't have failed the explanation more. Francis' face was frozen, probably contemplating what I said while Lilith smiled at me.

Lilith ran and gave me a hug. Francis, still frozen, slowly caught up. He had many emotions cross his face, but the final one was a caring look.

"A young kid like you can't have a baby!" He said jokingly.

"Well one isn't enough because it's twins." He stared at me for a moment and then laughed.

"Gosh kid, you're having the greatest of times. Anyways, if you need any help, ask. My wife had two kids and I went through both pregnancies. Trust me, none of you are prepared."

"Thanks for the confidence booster." Eliegh said.

"Nah, it'll be alright, just get a doctor on our side and you'll be fine."

"Jonas said he'd be willing to help. He gave me a check up today." I grin.

"That's the first time I've heard of this? Shouldn't you tell me-us if you're going to blab this big secret?" Eliegh says, pouting.

"I didn't really blab it, he found out himself."

"Whoo, I'm glad he's a nice guy then." Francis says nervously.

We all disperse back to our rooms. When I open my door I'm greeted by Gavin sitting cross-legged on his bed. I gracefully plop onto mine with a loud thud. He spares me a glance before also laying down in a similar position.

"Are you okay?" His question is brief, but loaded.

"What do you mean?"

"You are sick often."

"Yeah, I just have a weak immune system." I lie hesitantly. I hate how much I have to lie, but I have to protect them.

"I don't like lies." I honestly can't come up with a response. So, I just lay there. Leaving his words unanswered. Gavin only looked at me for a bit then shrugged and went into his covers.

Feeling very relieved that he left it, I get up and turn the light off. I crawl into bed and snuggle into my blankets.

"You know you can trust me, right?" Those are the last words I hear before drifting off.

——-
Quick note- I've been publishing this book for over a year now. Gotta say, I'm wowed I've gotten this far. I usually stop things if they take awhile. I think I have continued this for so long is because of people who read and comment. They remind me that it's here and I should update. So thank you to everyone who comments and reads.