-Chapter 39-

I stayed put like Gavin told me, and eventually I was met with embraces from Micheal and Lilith. Micheal let go to tell me about the gardens that they improved, saying that since they couldn't go far to look for me, they would have a feast when I got back. Lilith stayed quiet but wouldn't let go of my hand. She moved up onto her toes and I leaned down. She smiled and poked at my boys who had just woken up. Figuring they were hungry, I had us move to the floor where I could sit and feed them.
Just as they began to eat, I heard running come from above. I instantly felt on edge, holding my boys closer and pushing us into the far corner. The door opened and revealed an out of breath Eliegh, I haven't seen him in months. I was surprised to notice he had gained facial hair and was significantly more muscular. Unconsciously, I kept my self hidden, but confusing myself as to why. Eliegh's eyes drifted across the room and soon landed on me, his face lit up and he rushed towards me. I was too nervous to return his smile. I gave him a nod. I suppose since I've last seen him, much has changed.
He crouched down to get eye level and gave me a dazzling smile.
"I'm glad you're alright." He spoke. I nodded.
"I'm happy you're good as well." I responded.
He placed his hand atop of mine and gently tugged me upwards. I stood up slowly, balancing the two. That's when I noticed that the room was now empty, Eliegh and I were alone.
"Jed.. I uh... Wanted to tell you this for awhile now.. Ah whatever!" He exclaimed.
He kissed me.
I couldn't help the fear that crept up, I violently pushed him back. Curling myself into a ball and began to hyperventilate. Flashes of everything that happened with Kastian flowing through my mind. I couldn't hear his soft voice. Nor could I calm down as my vision got darker.